Regulated herbicides and spray permits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-5 View Post
    They may get you in court and sue for damages, but they can’t take your land.
    NO, but you will have to sell your land to pay the fines. it was just a tongue in cheek quote from Dr. Don Richie, who is the TDA agent that does most of the regulatory training classes.

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
    And they have to prove it........state sprayed, killed friends garden denied it was them.......24D can drift a long ways.......wasn't me.......
    Want to bet? Simply put, the TDA goes to the retailers who have a record of who they sold the herbicide to for the last 3 years. The TDA first reviews those purchasers to see if they all had applicator licenses. Then, they go to each one in the area of the damage and request to see the spray records and any amounts that were not used. You bought 30 gallons, your spray records and remaining inventory better have that amount. Then they look at what you added to your tank to prevent drift and determine if you added enough. If those amounts are present in the plants tested, they will continue to drill down until they pinpoint who sprayed.

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
    What did you have to do to get your permit ? In thinking I need to get mine .
    I got mine about 15 years ago, Strummer. The process has changed. If you go to the TDA web site and search Pesticide, the page will come up.

Comment

Working...
    X