No announcement yet.

College Hoops Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good game for sure. TCU-KSU was as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Good game for sure. TCU-KSU was as well.
      Frogs were down 6 with 6 min to play and lost by 21

Miles being out has killed them, just not any true ball handlers on the team other than him

Comment

Vandy knocks off UT. Ags now solely in 2nd place in SEC, two games behind Arky.

Looking for the sweep of LSU in BR on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
          Frogs were down 6 with 6 min to play and lost by 21

Miles being out has killed them, just not any true ball handlers on the team other than him
          Losing Miles has been a HUGE blow to TCU, and I can sympathize. About this time last year, BU lost both Tchatchua (who, in spite of the midseason injury, was recognized as B12 Defensive POY) and LJ Cryer, one of BU's sharpshooters. Totally changed the team.

If it is any consolation, I have heard several national broadcast announcers state that TCU was the cream of the B12 crop and there was simply no debate. Tonight, a former BU MBB player that is one of the radio PBP guys for BU said it, and from what I've seen so far, I agree.

Healthy TCU wins this conference going away. Not even close. Injuries suck.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears View Post
            Losing Miles has been a HUGE blow to TCU, and I can sympathize. About this time last year, BU lost both Tchatchua (who, in spite of the midseason injury, was recognized as B12 Defensive POY) and LJ Cryer, one of BU's sharpshooters. Totally changed the team.

If it is any consolation, I have heard several national broadcast announcers state that TCU was the cream of the B12 crop and there was simply no debate. Tonight, a former BU MBB player that is one of the radio PBP guys for BU said it, and from what I've seen so far, I agree.

Pft.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

They played like it at times. If teams can make them play a half court game it gets ugly sometimes though because they don't shoot great. Miles is potentially back on Saturday so we'll see.

Comment

There isn't a team in college basketball that could win this conference going away.

Miles is definitely a huge loss though.

Comment

As I mentioned earlier, the top 5 teams in big 12 will continue to beat each other up. Good competition and the country knows this, especially with the acc down this year. Get healthy and focus coming down the stretch. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Play your best ball late in the season and make a deep run in the conference championship. Just get into the dance and the sky is the limit. There is plenty of time for teams on the cusp to turn their season around and make a deep run in the dance. Too much is made about wins and losses, no one cares about what you did in the first half of the season. You will see the best teams getting better down the stretch playing more consistent ball and the younger players getting more comfortable in the lineup. The worst teams will continue to implode. Prime example is Carolina. SEC continues to look strong as well. Go Frogs

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                    They played like it at times. If teams can make them play a half court game it gets ugly sometimes though because they don't shoot great. Miles is potentially back on Saturday so we'll see.
                    Yeah, TCU's fast break offense was as good as I can remember seeing. They made BU look like fools last time they played. This may have actually benefitted BU in the long run as it provided plenty of tape for Drew & Co. to prove that that's not who they want to be. BU's defense has steadily improved but is still mediocre so not much to write home about.

No ill will towards Miles, but, purely for his long term success, I think he needs to wait another month for his return (basically, after the B12 tourney). Of course, I'm only thinking about him. And TCU's success in the NCAA Tournament. Absolutely nothing to do with this Saturday. Pure coincidence.

Comment

Yes you better be ready to play every game period
                      Vandy beat tenn on a late micro second three point shot
                      Didn't look like that ball was over a half inch out of his hand
                      Since the AGS were so bad in foot ball it refreshing to see some
                      good hoops. AGS just need to stay focused and finish strong.
                      Looking forward to rest of season

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                        As I mentioned earlier, the top 5 teams in big 12 will continue to beat each other up. Good competition and the country knows this, especially with the acc down this year. Get healthy and focus coming down the stretch. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Play your best ball late in the season and make a deep run in the conference championship. Just get into the dance and the sky is the limit. There is plenty of time for teams on the cusp to turn their season around and make a deep run in the dance. Too much is made about wins and losses, no one cares about what you did in the first half of the season. You will see the best teams getting better down the stretch playing more consistent ball and the younger players getting more comfortable in the lineup. The worst teams will continue to implode. Prime example is Carolina. SEC continues to look strong as well. Go Frogs
                        Captain obvious. Lol.

You're not supposed to say the dance.

Comment

Horns are off to a better start today.

Comment

****! They are!

Comment

Beat the hell outta Lsu

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                Horns are off to a better start today.

Mrs Doubtfire, Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X