No announcement yet.

East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally have a couple good deer showing up on our Rusk Co place. The split g2 buck we had last year and he’s really beefed up - this is the first pic we’ve had of him this year. Feeder activity is very slow as it seems like bucks are in cruise/chase mode. Need a hot doe to come to my feeder - I’m determined to kill a buck with my bow this year, so I’m not picking up the rifle. Good luck to all this weekend as this major front blows in. Some great deer on this page so far and many more to come. Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Wide 8

Tall 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad to see some of you having some success!

I have too much to do this weekend to get up to the farm. I hope y'all have a great weekend in the woods and knock down some biguns! We are taking a quick trip up to North TX next week to hunt and I won't be back in the Pineywoods hunting until Thanksgiving.
      Last edited by Pineywoods; 11-11-2022, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Watching a big(ish) 8 breed a doe

I said nov 9-11…… todays 11
        Last edited by Low Fence; 11-11-2022, 08:50 AM.

Comment

I’ve seen 2 does and both had multiple bucks on them this morning. The biggest is a split brow 9, hard pass but not quite what I was looking for. Had a short glimpse of one I would kill but no shot.
          Last edited by AgHntr10; 11-11-2022, 08:57 AM.

Comment

My son's basketball game was canceled so my plans have changed! I'm heading to the farm at noon.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
              Dang uncle pat got you drinking skinny beers too??!
              Hey man leave us alone [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                My son's basketball game was canceled so my plans have changed! I'm heading to the farm at noon.
                Very cool. Good luck to you.

I will be interested to hear if the activity is different this weekend from what it has been in Grapeland area.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                  Watching a big(ish) 8 breed a doe

I said nov 9-11…… todays 11
                  Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                  I’ve seen 2 does and both had multiple bucks on them this morning. The biggest is a split brow 9, hard pass but not quite what I was looking for. Had a short glimpse of one I would kill but no shot.
                  I like what yall are saying. Havent been in a tree since halloween. Heading north when crazy wife gets home

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    I like what yall are saying. Havent been in a tree since halloween. Heading north when crazy wife gets home
                    I'm telling I'm telling

Comment

Originally posted by jershua View Post

Was Lucky and this mature buck chased in a young doe. After a long standoff of doe stomping, he walks out enough for the shot at 28 yards. I could not be more thrilled.

No deer eating any hand corn at our place, just lucky rut activity is the only way right now, which was extremely limited on our place. This was the only buck I saw all weekend and what a lucky one to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Love those dark colors. Congratulations

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                        I'm telling I'm telling

I'll text you her number. Call about 520. By then her mom will have got her wound up

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                          Slow slow this evening. This full moon and warmer weather isn't helping. Nothing but a small spike this evening. Hopefully this front will get em back in gear. We had some good vittles though, show pig pork shoulder steaks, deer sausage, greens, and mac n cheese. Was a great evening.
                          Man, that plate of food look money.

I haven’t had a good mustard rubbed pork steak in a while…….

Comment

Tomorrow will be interesting. Lol.

Wind is suspicious…. But I’m shoving all the chips in on thermals! I’m on the top of steep ridge and HIGH. hoping the current and thermal will buy me 20 yards grace if needed. Still expected shot to be to my due east… but who knows this time of year. Gonna plan to park before daylight and sneak in as soon as I can see good enough to not use a light. All-in

Comment

Made it to my lease southeast of Livingston this afternoon. Put spreader on ATV and got corn spread at 3 stands before the rain hit. Decided to climb in my box stand and sit a while to see if rain stirs them up a little. Questioning that decision now as it got dark fast and bottom fell out. Will watch radar and try to make a break for it if opportunity arises.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                                Tomorrow will be interesting. Lol.

Wind is suspicious…. But I’m shoving all the chips in on thermals! I’m on the top of steep ridge and HIGH. hoping the current and thermal will buy me 20 yards grace if needed. Still expected shot to be to my due east… but who knows this time of year. Gonna plan to park before daylight and sneak in as soon as I can see good enough to not use a light. All-in
                                Good luck! I had a new one show up at my wifes spot this morning with some impressive 2s and 3s.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X