Wheel Coatings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel Coatings

I ordered my wife a new Tahoe and she wants black wheels. The one set of black ones they offer as an option are unavailable. Guess they are in short supply. I ordered some from Chevy that didn't fit. Right diameter, offset and lug pattern but wrong hub diameter.

So now I am looking to get the factory wheels coated. Is powder coating an option on factory wheels? I assume that would be the most durable option.

It is. They quoted us about $125 a wheel here local when we looked at it a few years ago. I can’t remember the business as the BMW dealer recommended it and used them on a regular basis.

Comment

There is a place in Tomball that did a great job on my friends wheels. I think they were a $100 a piece.

Comment

Originally posted by deep n the heat View Post
        There is a place in Tomball that did a great job on my friends wheels. I think they were a $100 a piece.
        Would you mind getting the name of the business for me?

Comment

following as i mine have pealed and need to fixed them

Comment

Just remember that you’re gonna have to take them to a tire shop and get the tires off and then take them back and get them mounted and balanced. Most places also don’t have a real quick turn around, so either have an extra set or can’t use the car for a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had 3 sets powder coated. Held up great.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                Just remember that you’re gonna have to take them to a tire shop and get the tires off and then take them back and get them mounted and balanced. Most places also don’t have a real quick turn around, so either have an extra set or can’t use the car for a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                This is my fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                  Would you mind getting the name of the business for me?
                  Dominguez powder coating. He scheduled it so it was done in a few days.

Comment

Working...
                  X