Site Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Recommendations

I am looking at replacing my HHA sight. What do y'all recommend for a single pin slider that I don't have to shoot at 20 and then 60.

Thanks for posting, I'm in the same boat. What don't you like about your HHA?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Russ26 View Post
      Thanks for posting, I'm in the same boat. What don't you like about your HHA?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      I have the Optima Lite I believe and the adjustments are not done mechanically, they are done by hand. As a result, adjustments are not as fine as I would like. Plus, I am not a fan of their process for selecting the proper tape.

Comment

The easiest to setup up would be the trophy ridge react.

Comment

I've had good luck making my own yardage tapes, and it's not hard to do.
          Just takes a little time.

Comment

React one pro is the easiest. But pretty much every sight will be 20-60 to get the right spacing, except cbe hybrid. They do 30-60

Comment

Get a used target sight. CBE, sureloc, go with a larger scope and a light kit. Most have click adjustment, newer one’s can release and silently slide if being used for hunting. You can make your own tapes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Black gold sights come with tapes based off chronograph speed.

They’re close, but every one of the 20-60 sight tapes are a ballpark figure. This is because the average guy’s peep sight is 5 and a half inches from the D-loop but it can change dramatically with short ata bows and long draw lengths.

The reacts are good too, if you like imported stuff.

The most accurate way to set tapes will either through an aftermarket program or by shooting 20-100. I take painters tape and mark 20 then work my way back to 100 yards and mark it. After that, I peel the tape off and measure the distance with a set of calipers and then match that up to the sight tapes from the manufacturer.

If you use a program to make custom sight tapes, here are a lot of measurements that have to be taken into account such as distance from the arrow to the peep at full draw, draw length, arrow diameter, etc.

Comment

Working...
                X