Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Equipment and Tuning

Old 02-02-2021, 06:49 AM   #1
BillyJack1975
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: Deep South Texas, Alaska
Default Heavy points and inserts

I know this has been beaten to death, so Iíll be brief. Iím hunting with 45-50# traditional bows and have been contemplating using heavy inserts to accompany my 145 grain broadheads. Iím using Gold Tip traditionals and have a question regarding gluing the inserts and tuning my broadheads. What glue is everyone using for their inserts nowadays? Iíve always used Fer-L-tite on aluminum without an issue , but on carbon shafts Iíll have to heat up the inserts to tune the broadhead.

Will a hot melt glue gun work to secure inserts, and will a hair dryer work loose up inserts to turn broadheads?

Was thinking of using my Fer-L-tite and just using a hot field point to turn the inserts as needed to align my 2 blade broadheads.
BillyJack1975 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2021, 10:19 AM   #2
jpdarby2
Spike

Hunt In: Texas

I use bohning ferr-l-tite on my easton axis 5mm with 125 grain Ethics adjustable outserts with 125 grains tips with zero issues. I do however use Easton Hit Insert Epoxy on my hunting arrows for a little extra strength.
jpdarby2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top