Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 03-05-2021, 09:16 AM   #51
Saltgrass Mikerr
Ten Point

Hunt In: anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETRRIP View Post
I own 35 Acoustic guitars ranging from $4000 on down. I would highly recommend a Epiphone “Masterbilt” acoustic guitar for anyone wanting a reasonably priced solid wood guitar. The two I own sound as good as my higher price guitars. What ever you decide on get a setup done on it and leave it setting out on a guitar stand so it is easily accessible and enjoyable to play.
Yes !! I love mine ! Well worth what ever they cost !! If you go without the electronics, they are very affordable.
Saltgrass Mikerr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-05-2021, 01:10 PM   #52
Bill
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montana

Thanks again guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-05-2021, 01:17 PM   #53
schmalzy
Eight Point

Hunt In: Gulf coast and VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I called the music store in Bozeman, he has both mini-e and mini-e plus in stock. I asked him for the $999 what other options he’d suggest.

He said there’s a nice Gibson with full size body- made at the Gibson factory- in Bozeman. A Montana-made guitar.

The G-45 I think is now discontinued. Might be able to find one there in Bozeman though. All solid wood for 1k definitely isn’t bad. I’d play it before buying though. I just bought a j-45 and a lot internet opinions that Gibson quality is or miss. I haven’t personally experienced but did notice a lot of tonal variation in different guitars. Love my j-45 and liked the G-45 I played in the store.

Still don’t think going with a gs mini is a bad idea, just know that it’s a smaller guitar amd not expecting it to be a full-size.

schmalzy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-10-2021, 10:58 AM   #54
Bill
Pope & Young

I bought the GS Mini-e in koa wood yesterday. I went in to but the Plus model, but with the black shading around the edge of the body, I couldn’t see the beautiful wood. We got hone late from BozeAngeles.

I strummed it a bit at home, set up a first month of free online lessons that Blain from Music Villa here produces and listened to the first couple short lessons.

I’ll post some pictures later- it’s TBH or ir didn’t happen!

Thanks for the guidance!

Old 03-10-2021, 05:12 PM   #55
3ChordTruth
Ten Point

Quote:
I bought the GS Mini-e in koa wood yesterday. I went in to but the Plus model, but with the black shading around the edge of the body, I couldn’t see the beautiful wood. We got hone late from BozeAngeles.

I strummed it a bit at home, set up a first month of free online lessons that Blain from Music Villa here produces and listened to the first couple short lessons.

I’ll post some pictures later- it’s TBH or ir didn’t happen!

Thanks for the guidance!

That’s just great Bill! Learn the G, C and D7 chords, and buy a capo. You will then be able to find the correct key and strum along with approximately 94.62% of the songs ever written in our “Western” part of the Planet Earth. Then learn the A chord. After that, you can strum along with 100% of our songs! Very interested to hear how your guitar playing progresses. Go get those fingers sore and check back in. Lots of us on TBH pick guitars, and we all wish you the best!
3ChordTruth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-10-2021, 07:02 PM   #56
txpitdog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fairfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
That’s just great Bill! Learn the G, C and D7 chords, and buy a capo. You will then be able to find the correct key and strum along with approximately 94.62% of the songs ever written in our “Western” part of the Planet Earth. Then learn the A chord. After that, you can strum along with 100% of our songs! Very interested to hear how your guitar playing progresses. Go get those fingers sore and check back in. Lots of us on TBH pick guitars, and we all wish you the best!

And be patient when it comes to the dreaded F chord

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
txpitdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-10-2021, 08:47 PM   #57
etbowhunter
Four Point

Congratulations. A lot of good advice here from a lot of different skill level players. Maybe the best advice was from the ones that said put it on a stand where you can see it. A guitar in a case rarely gets played. I've got 2 or 3 scattered throughout the house at any time but both my sons play too so my wife gave up on keeping them contained to the music room.
etbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-10-2021, 11:26 PM   #58
Bill
Pope & Young

Tonight, starting to strum.

Old 03-11-2021, 12:01 AM   #59
Johnny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties

G,C and D and you are off to be a country star.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2021, 08:27 AM   #60
Bill
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by etbowhunter View Post
Congratulations. A lot of good advice here from a lot of different skill level players. Maybe the best advice was from the ones that said put it on a stand where you can see it. A guitar in a case rarely gets played. I've got 2 or 3 scattered throughout the house at any time but both my sons play too so my wife gave up on keeping them contained to the music room.

My concern with leaving it on the stand is our house is 20% relative humanity. I bought a humidifier that goes between the D and G strings when it’s cased. Taylor’s warranty excludes humidity caused cracks in the wood.

It’s part of living in Montana a dry area at 5k+ elevation I guess.

Old 03-11-2021, 03:06 PM   #61
3ChordTruth
Ten Point

Congratulations on that beautiful Taylor guitar Bill. There are lots of great tunes in that nice Taylor just waiting for you to play them. I understand the folks saying keep your guitar out on a stand so you will play it more, and in most locations they are right. But in a 20% humidity Montana home you will have a much happier Taylor if you keep it in its case with that humidifier. Just leave both out in a place easy for you to grab your new guitar and make some music. Let us know your progress, good luck!
Old 03-11-2021, 09:16 PM   #62
Bill
Pope & Young

We got used to the low humidity. Old wood chairs need to be re-glued occasionally (maybe I just weigh more) and your hands/nails need Vaseline or hand creme rubbed in when they dry out.

Certainly not your typical Texas weather.

Old 03-25-2021, 06:55 PM   #63
Bill
Pope & Young

Default Educate me- adult beginner acoustic guitar

It’s a couple weeks now and I’m not progressing through the online lessons as fast as I hoped.

I don’t want to move forward until I have some basic chords mastered and memorized. Frustrating.

I’m finding a tremendous amount of strain in my left wrist- I’ve even started wrist stretches I found on a YouTube for guitar players.

The other problem is although I do not have large hands- I touch the adjacent open strings and get a buzzing.

For example, here’s my hand while playing A minor. I just can’t get my hand positioned to not interfere with the open 1 string (E). I can’t flex my wrist any more without pain to get finger tips on the strings.

What am I doing wrong?

Old 03-25-2021, 07:06 PM   #64
WyoBull
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wyoming

Quote:
My concern with leaving it on the stand is our house is 20% relative humanity. I bought a humidifier that goes between the D and G strings when it’s cased. Taylor’s warranty excludes humidity caused cracks in the wood.

It’s part of living in Montana a dry area at 5k+ elevation I guess.

I grew up here in Wyoming and have a lot of friends who play guitar. I have never seen any of them use a humidifier.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
WyoBull is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-25-2021, 08:23 PM   #65
Olphart
Ten Point

Hunt In: My backyard!

Bill, you need to curl your fingers where the tips are on the strings, not the bottom, fleshy parts. Make those fingers hurt!
Olphart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-25-2021, 09:25 PM   #66
Bill
Pope & Young

Thanks let me try that.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:28 PM   #67
JTRichardson
Ten Point

Hunt In: east texas, in your stand when you aint there :)

Quote:
It’s a couple weeks now and I’m not progressing through the online lessons as fast as I hoped.

I don’t want to move forward until I have some basic chords mastered and memorized. Frustrating.

I’m finding a tremendous amount of strain in my left wrist- I’ve even started wrist stretches I found on a YouTube for guitar players.

The other problem is although I do not have large hands- I touch the adjacent open strings and get a buzzing.

For example, here’s my hand while playing A minor. I just can’t get my hand positioned to not interfere with the open 1 string (E). I can’t flex my wrist any more without pain to get finger tips on the strings.

What am I doing wrong?

Fingertips my man, not the fatty part of the end of your finger.

Also, that thumb needs to be behind the neck, not at the top, should lessen the strain on your wrist. Doesn’t always apply, but is a good rule of thumb (haha)

Once you get more comfortable with the motions and chords your thumb can go anywhere.
JTRichardson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2021, 12:47 AM   #68
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

What they said about hand position ^^

You don't want your whole palm touching against the back of the neck. And don't leave fingerprints on the fretboard. Use your fingertips to press the strings.

Like this.....

Am

E

G

C

D

F

Bm

Last edited by Shane; 03-26-2021 at 01:06 AM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2021, 01:00 AM   #69
Shane
Pope & Young

Whenever you get to the bar chords like F and Bm, notice that F is the same as E - just with your index finger laying across (barring) all 6 strings behind the E chord shape that the rest of your fingers are making one fret up the neck from E. ("Up" = closer to the bridge. "Down" = closer to the nut/headstock.)

Same thing for Bm. It's the same as Am, with the index finger barring the first 5 strings (omit the top string) and played 2 frets up from Am position.

Once you get comfortable with bar chords, you can play them anywhere on the neck. E becomes F when you bar the 1st fret. Slide it up to the 2nd fret and it's F#. Slide it up to the 3rd fret and it's G. 5th fret = A. 7th fret = B. 8th fret = C. 10th fret = D. 12th fret and you're back to E, just an octave higher than down where you started.

Bm at the 2nd fret. Slide it up to 3rd and it's Cm. 5th = Dm, etc....

Last edited by Shane; 03-26-2021 at 01:04 AM.
Old 03-26-2021, 09:35 AM   #70
Bill
Pope & Young

Thanks again

Old 03-26-2021, 10:10 AM   #71
chancito1
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas/Kempner

Quote:
Tonight, starting to strum.

Man that’s a nice guitar
chancito1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2021, 03:39 PM   #72
Bill
Pope & Young

Thank you, it sure is pretty.

Old 03-26-2021, 04:29 PM   #73
3ChordTruth
Ten Point

Bill, good advice here about forming those chords, you will pick it up OK, just keep practicing. Speaking of picking, I play lead guitar so I want to encourage you to also get that right hand used to picking strings individually, not just “strumming” all the strings together playing rhythm chords. It’s really easy to do this, just “slow” your chord strum down to let individual strings ring out. In your guitar lessons you might see this referred to as “arpeggio”, just a fancy way musicians mean playing the chord notes individually rather than together. That is the basis of learning to play lead or playing the melody of a song. Last tip for today, you will see improvement quicker with 15 minutes of playing your guitar EVERY day, rather than playing 1 ½ hours on a weekend. Really cool to follow your progress as a guitar player, good luck.
Old 03-26-2021, 05:20 PM   #74
ThisLadyHunts
Ten Point

Hunt In: Austin, Boerne, Wyoming, South America

I’m so impressed! You did it. You really went out and did it!
ThisLadyHunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2021, 05:49 PM   #75
3ChordTruth
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
I’m so impressed! You did it. You really went out and did it!
Lady, I hope you are still interested in joining the picking and grinning ranks like our new recruit Bill, so go grab that ukulele I suggested and join the party!
Old 03-26-2021, 06:13 PM   #76
WyoBull
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wyoming

Beautiful guitar, Bill! I played some years ago but hit a plateau, career got in the way and I have not played in a long time but I am getting inspired by this thread to pick it up again. At the time, I had an Ovation guitar but sold it to a friend who is a very good player to this day.
Geez, I may have to think more serious about this!!!
WyoBull is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2021, 06:20 PM   #77
ThisLadyHunts
Ten Point

Quote:
Lady, I hope you are still interested in joining the picking and grinning ranks like our new recruit Bill, so go grab that ukulele I suggested and join the party!

I’m sure I will. I’m just waiting for my nails to dry...
Old 03-27-2021, 09:23 PM   #78
3ChordTruth
Ten Point

Quote:
I’m sure I will. I’m just waiting for my nails to dry...
It is said “"A woman is only helpless while her nail polish is drying."

Lady, I have prudently decided to not in any way test your abilities while the ethyl acetate evaporates. I will only again encourage you to join Bill and me and the many other TBH guitar players rocking out our tunes. Playing guitar is a blast, just ask Bill!
Old 03-27-2021, 09:44 PM   #79
ThisLadyHunts
Ten Point

Quote:
It is said “"A woman is only helpless while her nail polish is drying."

Lady, I have prudently decided to not in any way test your abilities while the ethyl acetate evaporates. I will only again encourage you to join Bill and me and the many other TBH guitar players rocking out our tunes. Playing guitar is a blast, just ask Bill!

Hah! Alright, I’ll keep moving forward in my quest.
Old 03-31-2021, 11:30 PM   #80
Bill
Pope & Young

Default Educate me- adult beginner acoustic guitar

I went to the guitar store today where ai bought it. My wrist problems stem from sitting comfortably in the coach and tilting the neck back too far so I could see the frets. When I practice sitting up with the neck vertical, no adjacent string buzz or pain.

They also said if I want a larger guitar, they’ll give me full credit for the GS mini. I hope to keep it though.

Old 04-01-2021, 09:40 AM   #81
Bluesman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Retired Bowhunter

Quote:
I went to the guitar store today where ai bought it. My wrist problems stem from sitting comfortably in the coach and tilting the neck back too far so I could see the frets. When I practice sitting up with the neck vertical, no adjacent string buzz or pain.

They also said if I want a larger guitar, they’ll give me full credit for the GS mini. I hope to keep it though.

I agree with the guitar store advise. Sit in an upright chair and anchor the guitar on your right thigh. This will help vision wise. Keep your back as upright as possible.
If you're gripping the neck too tight you will limit your finger dexterity and the result is not using the finger tips. Wrist issues may happen as well.
The couch will come later.
Finger tips x 10.
A good exercise is to pick an open string then press the first fret, then 2 thru 4 and back down. 1234, 4321. Change strings and repeat. Study what needs to happen with your thumb grip as you get over to E, the 6th string. The thumb position will follow much the same when you play an E chord.
I don't think a larger guitar will help much.
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-01-2021, 10:11 AM   #82
Shane
Pope & Young

A larger guitar body wouldn't help much, but a wider neck could possibly help. Wider string spacing makes more room for thicker fingers. The little 3/4 size guitars can be a bit cramped. They're a better fit for small hands.
Old 04-01-2021, 04:03 PM   #83
Bill
Pope & Young

Thanks again. It’s going better now.
Still not playing Amarillo by mornin’, but give it time.

Old 04-01-2021, 05:10 PM   #84
3ChordTruth
Ten Point

Quote:
Thanks again. It’s going better now.
Still not playing Amarillo by mornin’, but give it time.

Bill, the key change in “Amarillo by Morning” reminded me to ask if you got a capo yet. If not, get one and it will allow you to “move” the chords you are learning to match the key of recorded songs, or to match the key of thousands of song backing tracks available.
Old 04-01-2021, 10:42 PM   #85
Bill
Pope & Young

I’m not at the stage I need a capo- I’m learning basic chords. But hopefully in the near future.

Old 04-01-2021, 10:49 PM   #86
ThisLadyHunts
Ten Point

Quote:
Bill, the key change in “Amarillo by Morning” reminded me to ask if you got a capo yet. If not, get one and it will allow you to “move” the chords you are learning to match the key of recorded songs, or to match the key of thousands of song backing tracks available.
What is a “song backing track”?
Old 04-02-2021, 06:48 PM   #87
3ChordTruth
Ten Point

Quote:
What is a “song backing track”?
Bill, you are 100% right to learn those chords first, keep at it.

Let me try to answer Lady. Backing tracks provide “music accompaniment” while you practice. Think having musicians playing tunes in the room with you. You will learn playing on the beat, chord changes, picking lead riffs, etc. etc. much quicker and better using backing tracks.

Go to YouTube, search for “backing tracks” and stand back because you will see about a million results. You can then add to your search pretty much any type of music or artist you can think up, and there will likely be backing tracks. Blues, Jazz, 50s Rock, Cajun, Bluegrass, Heavy Metal, Gospel, etc. etc., there will be song backing tracks in a lot of keys. Try it, and I believe backing tracks will make practice more fun, and make you a better musician. Good luck.
Old 04-02-2021, 07:48 PM   #88
ThisLadyHunts
Ten Point

Quote:
Bill, you are 100% right to learn those chords first, keep at it.

Let me try to answer Lady. Backing tracks provide “music accompaniment” while you practice. Think having musicians playing tunes in the room with you. You will learn playing on the beat, chord changes, picking lead riffs, etc. etc. much quicker and better using backing tracks.

Go to YouTube, search for “backing tracks” and stand back because you will see about a million results. You can then add to your search pretty much any type of music or artist you can think up, and there will likely be backing tracks. Blues, Jazz, 50s Rock, Cajun, Bluegrass, Heavy Metal, Gospel, etc. etc., there will be song backing tracks in a lot of keys. Try it, and I believe backing tracks will make practice more fun, and make you a better musician. Good luck.

Great explanation as I understood exactly what you are saying.

Are there such things as tracking backs that isolate certain “sound groups;” say, vocals, so that you can distinctly hear the different harmonies (I.e. all three of a three-part harmony) or the percussion group where you can pick out the bass, the snares, and the toms individually?
Old 04-02-2021, 08:16 PM   #89
3ChordTruth
Ten Point

Quote:
Great explanation as I understood exactly what you are saying.

Are there such things as tracking backs that isolate certain “sound groups;” say, vocals, so that you can distinctly hear the different harmonies (I.e. all three of a three-part harmony) or the percussion group where you can pick out the bass, the snares, and the toms individually?
Bill, I know these posts are about your new guitar, but please allow me a quick response to Lady. And Bill, look into some of the info I describe below, and you will be singing “Amarillo by Morning" harmony right along with King George!

Lady, there are some really good vocal coaches on YouTube. Several of these vocal coaches give excellent examples of how to “separate” and sing three part harmony, usually into “lead”, “tenor” and “bass” vocals. There are also great examples of choir SATB (soprano, alto, tenor and bass) harmony, and even Barbershop vocal harmony. YouTube is your friend. I do not have any information about percussion tracks, sorry, but I would be greatly surprised if there was none to be found on YouTube.
Old 04-02-2021, 08:20 PM   #90
ThisLadyHunts
Ten Point

Quote:
Bill, I know these posts are about your new guitar, but please allow me a quick response to Lady. And Bill, look into some of the info I describe below, and you will be singing “Amarillo by Morning" harmony right along with King George!

Lady, there are some really good vocal coaches on YouTube. Several of these vocal coaches give excellent examples of how to “separate” and sing three part harmony, usually into “lead”, “tenor” and “bass” vocals. There are also great examples of choir SATB (soprano, alto, tenor and bass) harmony, and even Barbershop vocal harmony. YouTube is your friend. I do not have any information about percussion tracks, sorry, but I would be greatly surprised if there was none to be found on YouTube.

Very good suggestions.

And thanks, Bill, for graciously allowing me to appropriate this thread in the interest of my musical growth.

Now, I expect to hear a little “Bill and George” fairly soon, now that you’ve got that limp wrist fixed!
Old 04-02-2021, 08:29 PM   #91
duke-86
Six Point

Hunt In: Milam County

I just started about 5 months ago and love it!! I spent about 450-500 on a Martin x cross and love it. Still terrible but loving every minute I pick it up. And the kiddo loves when I pick it up!
Attached Images

duke-86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2021, 10:38 PM   #92
rockyraider
Ten Point

Hunt In: Out West

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
Used seagull would be my pick
I second this, learn to play the basic chords and you can play most songs. An ear for music is something that is learned which I don't have. I took a guitar for non music majors in college, good class and I learned a lot, but the students who had a band background were way ahead of me. No time now, but it was fun and I'd pick it up again if I had the time.
rockyraider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 03:15 PM   #93
ThisLadyHunts
Ten Point

You’ll never guess where I am so I won’t ask you to try. Got a wild hair (hair up my a**??) and stopped a long-time, locally owned music store in Austin to get advice on guitars and it looks like I’ll be walking out with a new one.

Pretty excited. For $180 I got a 3/4 steel string guitar and after talking with them a while, they threw in a digital tuner, a guitar stand, various picks to try out, a set of replacement strings, and three free lessons (as long as I’m willing to come in after hours).

All told, a pretty dang good deal. Now all I have to do is figure out how to play it.
Old 04-08-2021, 04:08 PM   #94
TEXAS 10PT
Ten Point

Hunt In: Looking

Congratulations on your new Taylor Koa. I love mine. Its a 224CE and sounds great.
TEXAS 10PT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 09:30 PM   #95
3ChordTruth
Ten Point

Quote:
You’ll never guess where I am so I won’t ask you to try. Got a wild hair (hair up my a**??) and stopped a long-time, locally owned music store in Austin to get advice on guitars and it looks like I’ll be walking out with a new one.

Pretty excited. For $180 I got a 3/4 steel string guitar and after talking with them a while, they threw in a digital tuner, a guitar stand, various picks to try out, a set of replacement strings, and three free lessons (as long as I’m willing to come in after hours).

All told, a pretty dang good deal. Now all I have to do is figure out how to play it.
Lady, that’s the news we have been waiting to hear! Totally cool to have you now in the ranks of guitar players. When your fingers get sore from playing, just blame Bill. He got all this started! Good luck, and let us know how you are doing.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:08 PM   #96
ThisLadyHunts
Ten Point

Quote:
Lady, that’s the news we have been waiting to hear! Totally cool to have you now in the ranks of guitar players. When your fingers get sore from playing, just blame Bill. He got all this started! Good luck, and let us know how you are doing.

Oh, yeah. When my fingers are cracked and bleeding and I can no longer pull a trigger, Bill’s gonna owe me big!

Of course, he’s not the only one who tried to get me on board his “train of personal growth and spiritual enlightenment.” I seem to remember that YOU were the one who threw down the gauntlet—in front of God and everyone on this forum, no less—and challenged me to pick it up after Bill got his guitar! Hmm...
Old 04-09-2021, 09:28 AM   #97
Bill
Pope & Young

Hey- don’t blame me! If I need to make amends I’m still looking for a spring bear hunting partner- parking 15 minutes from house.

What I’m finding is I have to “learn how to learn” with chords. Changing playing position has eliminated my peeking at the frets, so learning fingers placement by position and feel. My grandson loves when I practice chords and sing him silly songs.

Old 04-09-2021, 10:30 AM   #98
Coacheddy
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas & 1 outside TX

So i just bought my first guitar.

Went with a buddy who is a guitarist.

We looked at expensive Taylors...and then less expensive ones.

Ultimately picked out a cheaper one. As he said “i wont be playing for money.”

I’m learning the basic hand positioning and chords off youtube.
Attached Images

Coacheddy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 05:50 PM   #99
Olphart
Ten Point

Hunt In: My backyard!

Shane posted pics of basic chords, but there's a variation of the basics that I use and prefer for C, F, and sometimes G.

The C chord
Name:  C chord.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  18.0 KB

You'll notice my ring finger has moved up to the low E string, 3rd fret (G note) and I'm using my pinkie finger on the A string, 3rd fret (C note). This sounds "fuller" in my opinion and makes it easy to move the F chord. Plus, if you hit the low E string, it doesn't sound weird (using this position, it sounds fine and you should strum that string.)

The F chord
Name:  F chord.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  20.0 KB

Now a simple move to make the F chord is done by lowering the middle, ring and pinkie fingers down one string each and flattening the index finger to cover the high E and B strings (F and C notes).

Not shown is a quick way to slide up the neck to make the G chord from this F chord. You keep the finger shape and move up 2 frets to make the G chord.

Hope this help you guys and gals starting out and doesn't complicate things.
Olphart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 08:42 PM   #100
3ChordTruth
Ten Point

Quote:
Oh, yeah. When my fingers are cracked and bleeding and I can no longer pull a trigger, Bill’s gonna owe me big!

Of course, he’s not the only one who tried to get me on board his “train of personal growth and spiritual enlightenment.” I seem to remember that YOU were the one who threw down the gauntlet—in front of God and everyone on this forum, no less—and challenged me to pick it up after Bill got his guitar! Hmm...
Bill, I may need to plan a hunt with you, but not with scoring a bearskin rug in mind. I might need to use your woods as a hideout.

If -- due to excessive guitar practice -- Lady fingers become sore and unable to send bullet or shot downrange, she may seek to punish the closest individual responsible for that calamity. And as Lady has noted, that would be me. Hell has no fury like a woman scorned, except for a Texas woman who loves her firearms but who cannot use them. Now Texas is a BIG state, sadly not big enough for me to successfully go on the lam hiding from an annoyed Lady. So if Lady does not find the appropriate balance between her new guitar and her guns, I may need to quickly put the geography of several states between us. Ending up in a bear camp in Montana sounds about right.

Truth is, I’d like to be jamming out some tunes right now with Lady and Bill and their new guitars. Guitars are cool solo, but are really cool with several rocking around a living room or campfire. Here’s wishing happy pickin’ to Lady and Bill and the others who have recently added a guitar to their family.