Throw and grow? Does it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throw and grow? Does it work?

I just bought a couple of bags on sale at academy. Has anyone tried it? Does it work?

We tossed some out by our cabin and watered it, it came up well.

Comment

I used some around a tank(pond, depending on where your from) and it worked very well.

Comment

It worked great for me at lake georgetown.

Comment

Works for me every year after it gets some water.

Comment

Glad you asked, I've been wondering the same thing. Might give it a shot.

Comment

Its mostly rye grass so yeah it will come up. Will it attract deer....that's a whole other story.
              Its very hard to get rid of rye grass once you realize its not a preferred deer food.

It also has a little bit of clover and rape.

Comment

"Throw and Grow Weeds" is what they should call it but that was just my experience

Comment

It worked for me here in Oklahoma. I did get better results running a small disc behind my 4 wheeler and covering it.

Comment

Ive had mixed result in the Hill Country, whatever did come up was eaten so fast that it never established itself.

Ive had a lot better result with rye grass, I double and triple seeded my areas and it came up great!!

Comment

We disked before spreading it but it came up great at our place.

Comment

was thinking if it worked as well. might have to pick some up.

Comment

how much is it and how many square feet does it cover. thanks!

Comment

Worked well in Alto

Comment

Says one bag will cover 1/4 of an acre. I just have some lanes I want to throw it in. I just thought it sounds to good to be true for it to work. I just wanted to see what others thought about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X