Hard Lesson for a 10 Y.O. - Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post
    Glad you didnt listen to some of the experts. Congrats to your boy and good on you for following up on it.
    This.

Comment

sweet!...10 already?....man-o-man

Comment

Great job following thru.. The lessons are everywhere if we can only see them.. The maybe I will find him is a way better deal then no way I will find him.. Excellent leadership on display..

Wilk

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman View Post
          I am way late to the party, and I guess this popped back up?

Congrats to Nathan, glad it all worked out!!!
          Same here. Congrats Nathan! That boy has grown!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	me and nathan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	24419803

Comment

Glad you found him. I was worried the 10 pt I shot last week was going to take off on me. A 75 yard shot to the neck with a .30-06, he dropped in his tracks with his antlers in the dirt and tongue hanging out before I could reacquire him though my scope. I was shaking too badly to climb down for a few minutes, but his back leg moved once. I sat there with another round I the chamber for 20 minutes or so, but I was still certain he was going to take off as soon as I lowered my rifle to the ground and started climbing down.

Comment

Originally posted by kilroy230 View Post
              This he needs to know every effort should be made to recover game. ..
              We teach by example and this is a very important one every hunter needs to learn. Congrats to you and your son and that is a very nice buck.
              Last edited by jcd49; 12-08-2015, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X