X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Thursday)

Daily Bible Portion - 5 of 7
    "AND HE DEPARTED"

(Weekly Reading>>Genesis 28:10-32:3, Hosea 11:7-12:12, John 1:43-51)

The House of Yahweh, the tithe and Sabbath days are all eternal and not to be separated. They are not of this world but are heavenly ordinances that are activated on earth with our response. When we walk in the redemptive process of the Gospel, and when the House of Yahweh and the Sabbath are present, the service of Yahweh’s Kingdom is set in motion and activates in our hearts and lives through the Spirit of the Holy One. Jacob would have learned about the tithe from his father Isaac and his grandfather Abraham. Wherever a believer is, whether in the wilderness or in Jerusalem, the tithe is the first matter we honor. This response brings a heavenly outpouring to our earthly existence. The tithe is the key to Yahweh’s Kingdom on earth. It is our response to Yahweh’s holiness and all the blessings He has promised us as we are Jacob’s inheritance.

Deuteronomy 32:9 “For Yahweh’s portion (is)His people; Jacob [Israel] (is)the place of His inheritance.”

Looking directly into heaven/eternity, Jacob could see that the tithe was the link that triggered the provision held for him in his future. Knowing his response could have a say in his future, Jacob replied immediately, “and of all that You give me I will surely give a tenth to You” (Genesis 28:22). Jacob did not promise to give the tithe as an earthly response to receive an earthly blessing but to receive an eternal heavenly blessing, one that would go well past his lifetime and on to his promised seed - all who (in the future) are called by his name Israel. In doing this, Jacob unlocked the true principle behind the tithe and immediately entered into its future provision, bringing honor to the Source of those blessings.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Jacob reached for a rightness and a holiness that was not of his own but that which came from above; from an eternal source. He surrendered his life to allow Yeshua to work His right ways through him in accordance with His Word the Gospel. From that time forward, Jacob was a blessed man. He chose to walk in the truth and to give the sacred portion over to Yahweh with each blessing he received from that day forward.

People who walk in the Renewed Covenant and proclaim Yeshua as their Lord and Savor are called to bring glory to Yahweh by placing the tithe before our High Priest as taught by our forefathers before us (Hebrews 7:1-10).

The Well - Genesis 29

Jacob continued his long journey to Haran the birthplace of his mother Rebekah, and the home of his uncle Laban, Rebekah’s brother. There, Jacob saw a well. When we see the word well in Scripture, we know a prophetic story is about to unfold. As well represent a place of anointing/the Holy Spirit.

The deeper meaning behind the word well in Hebrew (Strong’s H875 בָּאַר be’er) comes from the root word Strong’s H874 בָּאַר ba’ar meaning: writing on tablets of stone made clear and distinct, some writing upon tablets which is legible at a hurried glance and in a figurative use the verb means to make clear by explaining.

Deuteronomy 27:8 “And you shall write very plainly on the stones all the words of this law.”

Deuteronomy 1:5 “On this side of the Jordan in the land of Moab, Moses began to explain this law.”

Habakkuk 2:2 “Then the LORD answered me and said: ‘Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it.’” (Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament).

Field usually represents the opposite, a place of wilderness outside the Kingdom of Yahweh, outside His protection, provision and covering. Three flocks of sheep were lying near this well in the field waiting to be watered but a stone was over its mouth preventing the sheep from accessing the water. As Jacob saw how these flocks were being poorly handled, he approached the shepherds to inquire after his uncle. He found they were from Haran and that they knew Laban, Nahor’s grandson. Hearing this Jacob knew he had reached his destination and was about to walk into his purpose. At this time, Laban’s daughter Rachel approached the well with her Father’s sheep. The meaning of Rachel’s name in Hebrew is ewe, a female sheep (Strong’s H7354 רָחֵל).

Even though Laban’s daughter approached, Jacob was not distracted. He was focused on the neglected flocks made to wait by this well in the heat of the day. Jacob did not hesitate to pass on his concern for the distressed sheep that lay before him. He said to these false shepherds, “Look, the sun is still high; it is not time for the flocks to be gathered. Water the sheep and take them back to pasture.” Jacob was notifying them that the sheep still needed to be pastured with the fullness of the Gospel in order to receive the living water, the Messiah. These sheep were parched as they had no life-sustaining food or water in this heat and were not able to help themselves. Instead they were dependent on others for their survival, thus making them weak.

Amos 8:11 “Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord GOD/Yahweh Elohim, “That I will send a famine on the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of Yahweh.”

These false shepherds were set in their traditional ways and not willing to change regardless of the needs of the sheep under their care. They made excuses to Jacob saying,

“We can’t water the sheep until all the flocks are gathered and the stone has been rolled away from the mouth of the well. Then we will water the sheep.”

The stone covering the well represent those with hearts of stone who resist the living water.

The House of Judah(Jews) was given the responsibility of feeding the Gospel to the nations/sheep until the Messiah comes (Genesis 49:10). Many shepherds and the sheep of the House of Judah missed seeing the Messiah when He came as they lacked proper care by their shepherds who did not share the Gospel with them nor help them drink this living water due to all their empty works.

On the other hand, shepherds over The House of Israel (Ephraim), those brought up in a Church environment, rejected the Hebrew roots of their Messiah. They could not accept Yeshua in His Priestly Hebraic garments or His Feast Days. They were trying to gather the sheep without first feeding them the truth found in the Gospel thus there was no living water provided in the words they said. They also were empty cisterns.

Romans 11:25-27 “For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel [House of Judah] until the fullness of the Gentiles [House of Israel/the Nations] has come in. And so all Israel [The whole united House of Israel] will be saved, as it is written: ‘The Deliverer will come out of Zion, and He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob. For this is My covenant with them, when I take away their sins’”(Jeremiah 31:31-34; Hebrews 8:8-10).

Hosea 4:6 “My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge [the Gospel/God’s teaching and instruction: Torah], I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law [Torah] of your God, I also will ignore your children” (1 Peter 2:9-10; Revelation 1:6). (Note: Hosea was a prophet to the House of Israel/Ephraim).

As soon as Jacob saw Rachel approach the well with her Father’s sheep, he saw his likeness in her and quickly rolled the stone away watering her sheep himself. This is a picture of Yeshua rolling the stone away revealing the life-giving source of His life for those who desire to walk in Him.

Isaiah 12:3 “Therefore with joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation [Yeshua].”

Rachel’s sheep were the first to receive this life-giving source before the other flocks at the well. Her sheep represent the ten lost or hidden tribes of Israel called the Northern Kingdom or the House of Israel. In the two shepherding groups pictured in this story of Jacob (representing the Messiah and His care of the Gospel/truth), the divided houses of Israel were now able to be gathered together without restriction, freely able to drink water from the well of living water (John 4:5-26; Acts 1:6; Mark 1:3-4).

John 10:16 “And[speaking to the Jews/Judeans/House of Judah] other sheep I have[house of Israel] which are not of this fold[House of Judah]; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

Matthew 15:24 But he[Yeshua] answered and said, I am not sent but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Jeremiah 50:4-6 "In those days and in that time[last days/last generation], declares the LORD, the people of Israel and the people of Judah shall come together, weeping as they come, and they shall seek the LORD their God. They shall ask the way to Zion, with faces turned toward it, saying, 'Come, let us join ourselves to the LORD in an everlasting covenant that will never be forgotten.'[Jer 31:33,Heb 8:10] "My people have been lost sheep. Their shepherds[pastors] have led them astray, turning them away on the mountains[large kingdoms]. From mountain[large kingdom] to hill[small kingdom] they have gone[scattered]. They have forgotten their fold[identity].

Jeremiah 16:19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction[tribulation], the Gentiles[scattered house of Israel] shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies [Easter instead of Passover, Christ-"Mass" instead of Feast of Tabernacles, Lent instead of Day of Atonement, Spring cleaning instead of Unleavened Bread, "Sun"day instead of the Sabbath Day], vanity [Easter bunnies, Easter eggs, Santa Krampus Claus, Elves, Evergreen Trees, etc.] and things wherein there is no profit.

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X