Air rifle hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air rifle hunt

Well this has been a kinda slow season so far. Laid eyes on my sons shooter once. Couldn’t get a shot on him. Seen a few more but he wanted his deer. I’ve could have shot a couple but just nothing peaked my interest. Any how interest peaked now. My son said our neighbor asked him to take care of a coyote that’s getting her chickens. He asked about my Sam Yang .25 cal air rifle, he’s gonna use it to take out the coyote, then I remembered my .50 cal Dragon Claw in the safe. Next hunt will be me & my son( him with his bow, me with the .50) I found my 175gr hollow points, 145gr slug & some 205gr slugs. So the next legal one out will take an air rifle shot to kill zone. [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will say, I really wasnt into the air rifle ideas.. but watching mulletman on YouTube and he hunts with them religiously. He just killed a cow bison with one.. its starting to peak my interest.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Try not to smile after shooting a big bore air rifle.
      I dare you.

Comment

Yep, these dang big bore bb guns are pretty dang addicting!! ...so much fun to shoot!!

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
          Try not to smile after shooting a big bore air rifle.
          I dare you.
          It is impossible not too!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Yep, these dang big bore bb guns are pretty dang addicting!! ...so much fun to shoot!!
            They are, I put another Texan .457 on layaway. Momma gonna kill me when she finds out.

Comment

Taz, how are you filling those big suckers? You have a compressor or have a place to fill tanks?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Taz, how are you filling those big suckers? You have a compressor or have a place to fill tanks?
                Two big tanks and I bought a Nomad II that will fill the gun only. It can be run on 110 or truck battery.

Comment

this will be great

Comment

Found my air tank, it still has 4300psi in it & cleaning up my compressor today. Should be able to shoot it today to check zero. Maybe hunting in the morning or Saturday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                      They are, I put another Texan .457 on layaway. Momma gonna kill me when she finds out.

Where are you getting ammo for your big bores? I’ve been out of the air guns for a minute & cant remember where I used to get my .50 cal ammo. I now I used to get .25 cal stuff from Rat Sniper.

Comment

I'm pretty much in awe whenever I put them through the ringer, still can't believe the difference from the ol' crossman I grew up with!

Comment

Pyramid Air for accessories, .177, .22, .25 pellets. Buy 3 get 1 free all of the time special.

Hunter's Supply for big bore projectiles.
                          Last edited by TP3; 11-07-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
                            Where are you getting ammo for your big bores? I’ve been out of the air guns for a minute & cant remember where I used to get my .50 cal ammo. I now I used to get .25 cal stuff from Rat Sniper.

Use NSA on my .457 and I have some from V.I.P. also. I like my NSA stuff a lot.

Comment

Air rifles piqued my interest a few years ago. I'm hoping to get a hog with my Marauder .25 at some point.

Comment

Working...
                              X