No announcement yet.

Bow noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a click on the draw on my DXT--if I let down and drew again, no click. But, if I shot and then drew another arrow, there it was. Fred took it down to piece-parts, lubed everything and put some their upgraded parts on the axles I think it was. All gone now--except for that dang rattle in the sight.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
      Had a click on the draw on my DXT--if I let down and drew again, no click. But, if I shot and then drew another arrow, there it was. Fred took it down to piece-parts, lubed everything and put some their upgraded parts on the axles I think it was. All gone now--except for that dang rattle in the sight.
      You don't happen to have a QAD rest do ya???

I had this same thing. Couldn't for the life of me figure it out until one day I happened to watch my rest during the draw. The pull cord on my QAD was hitting the tab during the draw and tripping my rest down, then pulling it back up during the draw cycle. I make sure it isn't laying in the tab now, and click all gone.

Comment

Nope--Ripcord Code Red---

Comment

I have a noisy QAD hunter, but I think some of it is timing and fletching contact. That needs to get worked out. May have a buddy listen and try to concentrate on where the noise originates from. What about cable silencers? Not even sure they are necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by jesterdoc View Post
            you don't happen to have a qad rest do ya???

I had this same thing. Couldn't for the life of me figure it out until one day i happened to watch my rest during the draw. The pull cord on my qad was hitting the tab during the draw and tripping my rest down, then pulling it back up during the draw cycle. I make sure it isn't laying in the tab now, and click all gone.
            this exact thing happened to me.

Comment

All bows are gonna create noise. Some are worse than others. I test shot a monster the other day and it sounded like a .22 going off. It sure made me appreciate my carnage better.

Comment

Working...
              X