It is time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is time.

I never thought I would do this but it looks like I will be moving to a cross bow. I turn 70 this season, my shoulders are bad and my arms are too weak.
    I know nothing about crossbows(except rope cocking is not good) and am looking for info on what to look for.

I’m not up on them either but Wicked Ridge made by Ten Point has some fast xbows that have a crank to cock and uncock. They are much cheaper than the Ten Points and probably just as good.

Comment

I’m not much help as I know nothing about xbows, but good luck once you get set up!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I bought a new PSE Fang HD last year from Pigeon Road shooting range. It shoots very well. It will shoot sub 1" groups @ 30 yards easily. I never shoot 2 arrows at the same spot because you will usually hit the other arrow. Gets expensive.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VILT4zarhE"]PSE Fang HD Range Day - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

It really comes down to your budget. There's a lotta great x-bows out there. I own a Ravin 29X that I got a couple years ago when they first came out with that modle. Ravin has great customer service! And got a Carbon Express Intercept that I bought back in 2015. It's OK for what it is. But the new modles of the Intercept are not like what I have. They made changes to it. Mission has some good products. As does CenterPoint, Wicked Ridge, Ten Point, and many others.

A lot of it is personal preference and budget.

And I'm still shooting one of 5 vertical bows, sometimes. I just like shooting stuff. And hunting stuff.

Comment

I know nothing about xbows but the ones from mission look 2 be well made

Comment

I don’t know much about crossbows but to keep your thumb out of the path of the string.

Comment

My 10 year old had a sniper 370 . It’s not very expensive and shoots really good .

Comment

It is time.

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                  I bought a new PSE Fang HD last year from Pigeon Road shooting range. It shoots very well. It will shoot sub 1" groups @ 30 yards easily. I never shoot 2 arrows at the same spot because you will usually hit the other arrow. Gets expensive.

PSE Fang HD Range Day - YouTube

I bought my daughter an original PSE Fang. That thing is as accurate as a rifle. I have hunted with it quite a bit. Crossbows are awesome weapons and will allow you to get stupid close to an animal in the open without spooking it. Ive had some amazing experiences hunting with it. I did upgrade the scope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You want to take weight into consideration. I have a Centerpoint Amped 415 that's just to heavy to tote on a public land hunt. I use it in the stand by the house. For public hunting I fall back on my old Barnett. Barnett is slow by today's standards but it's comfortable to carry and has killed alot of deer.

Comment

Working...
                    X