Rechargeable Hearing Aids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rechargeable Hearing Aids

My Phonaks that I have had for 9 years have bit the dust, so I am buying some new ones, most likely at Costco...even though the nearest is 2 hours away.

My question is for those of you who have rechargeable hearing aids. Would you recommend rechargeables over batteries? Have you ever forgotten to charge them or been hunting/fishing where you were unable to charge them?

I have no problem carrying batteries in my truck, shaving kit, or wherever so I know I will always have the use of my hearing aids without having to wait on the charge. However, I know the latest, greatest thing is rechargeable ones. I read one report from Saltwater Slick who thinks like me.

Mine has batteries and I like you carry extra batteries
    On other hand my mother in law has a rechargeable pair , for some reason hers are always dead or something she is probably forgetting to charge them , and doesn’t seem to know they are 0%
    FWIW
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 09-16-2022, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Mine are rechargeable, I have no problem taking them out each night and dropping them in the charger. If I had to go somewhere that I couldn’t I’d just do without them, but I can read most people’s lips at fifty feet. I only bought them because my wife can hear a gnat fart a block away and it’s better on her in that I don’t have to turn the tv or radio up so loud.

Comment

I’ll let you know. I’m getting rechargeable Phonaks through the VA next month. I figure they will be like my watch and phone, easy to recharge in my home, truck or from a portable charger.

Comment

I have the battery ones. a friend has the rechargeble ones and said the charging station will charge them for 2 or 3 days without power. Guess the charging station has a built in charger.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
            I have the battery ones. a friend has the rechargeble ones and said the charging station will charge them for 2 or 3 days without power. Guess the charging station has a built in charger.
            My audiologist (not at Costco) told me the rechargeable Phonaks that he sells need to be recharged daily. I want to hear some personal experiences of whether the charge giving out at an inconvenient time is that much of a negative.

Comment

true they need to be charged daily. but the charging station has 2-3 days worth of charging between being charged themselves.

Comment

I’d rather have my batteries!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yep, I get at least a week with mine.

Comment

I have the rechargeable Phonaks thru the VA. Had them about a year and I’m happy with them. Bluetooth to my phone and I just drop them in the charger every night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve always had ones with batteries. I got my first rechargeable hearing aids last spring- I’ll never get batteries again! Another pro to rechargeable is they are sealed therefore much more resistant to moisture / sweat. For a more active individual this will be leaps and bounds over the battery models- something to consider if you are a sweater.

Comment

I got the Phonaks from the VA. I get home from work and drop them in the charge.

I'll never go back to battery hearing aids.

Comment

I'll stick with batteries. I have them stashed everywhere. I get around 8 days before I have to change batteries.
                          Last edited by scotty; 09-17-2022, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Rechargeable from the V A. I think the brand is Oticon.

Comment

I have the rechargeable Phonaks from Costco (Kirkland 10.0). I have had them a year. I was concerned also about the rechargeables. I had a pair of Resound that ran on batteries before this set. I have been very happy with the Phonaks. I had one of them run completely down after about 16hrs one time. I have not connected them (one of them) to the charger properly a couple of times but overall no problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X