Coffee hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coffee hunt

Yesterday morning, while sitting on the porch enjoying coffee, Dusty Britches' dog Ace stuck his nose up and commence to barking. She grabbed the binos and spotted a sounder of pigs in the neighbor's cow pasture. I said it would be cool to shoot one, so we set the coffee down, grabbed the rifles and took off to an intercept point. We got there about 30 seconds before they did. The big one was the biggest in the group, and I shot her and she bobbled but she ran away to my right.
    Tracey shot her too, and she bobbled again, but kept trucking. Most of the others went with her. Then one was way behind, so she came through the fence but ducked to my left. I tracked her and hit her in the head when she was about 50 yards away at a full run. She plowed the ground and came to a stop.
    We went looking for the other but couldn't find her, so we went back up to the house and had another cup of coffee.

While cutting up the smaller pig, Tracey's dog Cowboy started barking and she went to see why. The big sow had hidden under a dead tree and was still up, fighting the dogs! Tracey finished her off. That sow had bullet wounds in the neck, spine, gut and a broken back leg!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220904_084706.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	25291854

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220904_093849.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	25291855

Makin bacon! Great job!

Comment

Way ta go girls…and dogs!

Comment

Solid

Comment

I would assume that experience woke both of you up more than the cup of coffee ever could have. Nice job taking that big old piglet maker out of production!

Comment

Yee Hee that a good morning sipping coffee

Comment

I thought this was going to be about finding a special blend of coffee. It turned out to be waaayyy better story!

Comment

Nice hunt ladies... helluva dog you have there as well.

Comment

Y’all did good ! Like that freckled pup !

Comment

Twins double teaming on the porkers

Comment

Congrats!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Making live hogs into dead hogs. Yall doing God's work. Keep it up!

Comment

Waydago Pistol.

Comment

Good dog.

Last one that size I killed, I shot 3 times with my 30-06, and it dropped. Walked to the house and got the truck. The pig got up and went another 80 yards before it died. My buddy was looking at me like did you really kill a pig by the time we found it...

Comment

Nice job for all of you!

Comment

Working...
                              X