Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rutted out

Comment

Looks like overpopulation of bass with not enough forage fish.

Comment

Originally posted by axishunter91 View Post
        That fish is a text book result of an overpopulated pond/tank.
        Or retaining plastics... if its a tank I would have cut him open and seen, if its plastics you know you need to be more aware of throwing them in. if its overpopulation you helped haha

Comment

can't say it enough fish is starving.

you either need to cull fish or add lots of things for them to eat or both

Comment

Caught one like that one in a huge pond and noticed an orange-colored object poking out its arse. Looked like part of a plastic worm. Pulled it out and it was part of a plastic worm and even part of a rusted hook. Put him back and he swam off slowly. Please throw trash in a bag, not into a lake/pond.

Comment

Too many fish there.

Comment

Caught a few of those over the years. Usually in ponds with poor forage, but occasionally in a lake.

Comment

I have caught several like that. I cut open the last one..... Zoom fluke. Haven't tossed a used soft plastic in the water since.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    I have caught several like that. I cut open the last one..... Zoom fluke. Haven't tossed a used soft plastic in the water since.
                    I've killed a lot more fish using live bait than plastics. Most of the time a bass will spit a artificial lure; but live bait goes straight down the gullet along with the hook.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                      Catch anything else? Did they look normal?
                      Caught several others all in great shape.
                      This is a 6/7 acres pound and fish it often and always catch fish. It has a good population of green perch.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                        I've killed a lot more fish using live bait than plastics. Most of the time a bass will spit a artificial lure; but live bait goes straight down the gullet along with the hook.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
                        Just so that i was clear im not saying i dont fish with plastic baits....i just dont toss broken, torn, ripped plastics overboard anymore ( i shouldnt have been doing that anyways). I was uneducated on how actually long those plastics last on the bottom of the lakes/ ponds and fish still continue to eat them over and over again.

Comment

Carnivore diet works

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
                            Caught this fish this morning on a soft plastic. I felt drag and thought I had grabbed a wad of moss. All of a sudden I see this huge mouth !! He acted dead, not moving at all. His head is like a 3 to 4 pounder and didn’t weigh but a bit over a pound! I set him in the water and he slowly swam off. Crazy just how skinny this fish was! Creeped me out!!
                            a liberal bass, cant tell food from plastic,,, keeps falling for the same old lines..

Comment

That is a bass that is at the end of his life. A cull. You should have thrown him up on the bank.

Comment

Seen this a lot in catch and release lakes…. Biologists told me it was just a really old fish that can no longer process proteins…. All they do is eat. They need to be removed. He fave me a weight vs length chart to identify which fish to cull.

Comment

Working...
                                X