Lake Amistad 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texaswoods5 View Post
    Went and checked there website today. IT SAYS 2022-2023 HUNTING SEASON CLOSED!!!!
    Well that stinks!!
    Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    That looks to me like they typo'd the 2021-2022. For this coming season it still says to check back and they have 2021-2022 info up still.
    It was on their home messages
    Gents, I was at the HQ building last week and they were working on getting the info together for the up coming season. i plan to go by there either today or tomorrow and will report back. i was told last week permits would be available this week.

Josh, FYI the only ramp available to launch boats is the rough canyon ramp off 277.

if anyone has a question they would like me to ask about don't be shy about putting it out. i will check on here before i swing by the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
      Josh, FYI the only ramp available to launch boats is the rough canyon ramp off 277.

if anyone has a question they would like me to ask about don't be shy about putting it out. i will check on here before i swing by the office.
      Thx man, yeah that's crazy. We did really good last year just walking in when my boat was having LU issues so we're talking about just doing that this year.

I'd like you to ask about the crossbow deal from last year, and slap them if they're allowing it please. That new ranger was pretty aggressive trying to justify it.

Comment

Dang, I forgot about the Xbow deal. I will certainly inquire about it and try to lay down the law If I don’t post something in the next few days I might require bail money.

Did anyone encounter folks using Xbows out here on Amistad? I had heard the opening up to xbows was related to trying to bring in additional hunters/revenue. Not sure if that is in fact the reasoning.

Comment

We got you bro, I'll start a TBH fundraiser if needed!

Yeah this ranger went on for an hour about trying to get more hunters out there because permits were down 50%. I tried to explain that they just doubled the price as well as the border issues and such but he was sure people needed crossbows. I told him they should allow them for youth but leave adults as is or there won't be any deer left. If you hand us crossbows between my buddy myself and my wife we'll remove 15 deer out there guaranteed, that's just one group.
          I did run across a group two years ago with a crossbow guy, 4 of them unloaded out of a boat and came right at us even though I was waving my orange hat. Dude said he had an upper limb issue but looked like he was throwing the anchor around fine.

Comment

Walking in this year will probably be an option onto area 4. For those who have wanted to hunt it but don’t have a boat this might be the year. Lake jumped up 3.5 feet the last few days after the tropical system from last week but remains low. I am going to try to walk in as some point in the next couple of weeks and will report what I find.

Comment

We don't typically start hunting til late November so I'm thinking (hoping) the lake will come up a bit before then, for some reason I was thinking all along it'll go up in the fall, can't remember if that was a rumor about water release or what. If Blackbrush is open I'll bring the boat, I hate Diablo East because it takes forever to walk back and get the truck. LOL

Comment

Well no luck getting a permit yet. I was told to keep checking on line.

As far as the boat ramps, water came up enough so Diablo East has re-open for now.
                Last edited by Pedernal; 08-22-2022, 12:00 PM. Reason: Ramp info

Comment

It's updated!

Comment

new regs are up and for those who want to use crossbows it's now legal.

Comment

new regs are up and for those who want to use crossbows it's now legal.
                      Where did you find that on the website, I can't find where it says that

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
                        Where did you find that on the website, I can't find where it says that
                        Here is a link to the full regulations… Number 5 in the regs section.

5. Crossbows: Any person, regardless of physical ability, may use a crossbow to hunt game animals or gamebirds. An Archery Endorsement is also required for crossbows to hunt deer during the Archery-Only Open Season. Crossbows are lawful for non-protected nongame animals (change from 2021-2022 regs).

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                          Here is a link to the full regulations… Number 5 in the regs section.

5. Crossbows: Any person, regardless of physical ability, may use a crossbow to hunt game animals or gamebirds. An Archery Endorsement is also required for crossbows to hunt deer during the Archery-Only Open Season. Crossbows are lawful for non-protected nongame animals (change from 2021-2022 regs).

https://www.nps.gov/amis/planyourvis..._28pp_jj-2.pdf

Thanks Pedernal...

Comment

Son of a ***** well that ****ing sucks. I guess I'll kill 5 deer this year, probably wife too, and then sell the crossbows and find some other place to hunt for future seasons. That's gonna bring out some serious Fudds too, gonna be fun with Fudds "stalking" all over with cocked crossbows.

Comment

Edit
                              Last edited by justletmein; 08-27-2022, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Anyone been out there lately? Thinking of making trip over this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X