Lighter nock question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighter nock question

If you’re getting 12 new arrows, do you get them all outfitted with a lumenok to have them all the same? Sounds like a dumb question as I type it and figure the answer is yes, but interested if people see a lot difference in an arrow with one vs without

Other question, I’ve never had lumenoks on my arrows so is it worth getting?
    Last edited by BigRed323; 04-21-2022, 12:18 PM.

I never saw a difference when i had them on vs off. If you video your hunts they are a must but otherwise not a must have by any means.

Comment

lighted knocks on my arrows drop about 2-3 inches past 30 yds. from about 30yd and closer I didn't see enough of a change to worry about personally

Comment

Never hurts to practice with what you will hunt with. I have lumenoks on all my target arrows. Are the batteries dead on some? Yes. I do run the lumenoks that are battery replaceable though. It's not a "light" thing for practice, more so the "weight" thing, but the "light" thing is actually pretty cool for super long range daytime 3D blasting. Very easy to see arrow location via a red light on a 3D from 80 to 100 yards or so out. Also, it's easier to locate an arrow if it decides to eat roots from 80 to 100 yards or so out. [emoji16][emoji1787]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

I run lighted nocks for nock to string fit and weight. Once they die from shooting, they become practice nocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ace View Post
            I run lighted nocks for nock to string fit and weight. Once they die from shooting, they become practice nocks.
            Exactly what I do with mine. As said earlier in the thread, practice with what you use to hunt.

Comment

I would get nockturnals over lumenocks. Lumenocks are great until you hit a animal

Go to the shop and have them tie your nock sets and d loop based off a nockturnal on your arrow. Nock pinch sucks

Comment

Never hurts to practice with your exact killing setup….sure it will costs a bit more, but it’s a drop in the bucket if you start adding everything else up! This way there are no surprises at the moment of truth!

Also….Nockturnals over Lumenocks all day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you for the information

Comment

For me. Lighted nocks are a must. I have been able to track arrow flight better and when the arrow flies wonky, I know I messed up the shot or the bow is out of tune. Also I can tell if I hit a branch in flight and where I hit the animal. When I shoot without the lighted nocks I am clueless of what just happened. I will have no idea where I hit the animal. The draw back is the lighted nocks will add about 15 grains to the very back of your arrow, cutting FOC and adding overall weight.

Comment

I agree with those that say Nockturnals over Lumenocks. I also shoot very few animals over 30 yards and have not noticed any drop in my arrows between regular nocks and my Nockturnals. Longer distances may make a slight difference. I always shoot a few practice arrows with my Nockturnals prior to a hunt to check flight, impact, and that they are lighting up, but my normal practice sessions I usually shoot my normal nocks. The lighted nocks are not cheap and don't want to risk busting a nock trying to shoot groups.

Comment

Working...
                      X