Eastland County Wildfires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    looks like their getting some decent rain out there now with more behind it - I hope it's enough!
    We will take all we can get. I sure hope we get a whole lot more than what we've received so far. This is the last chance in the 7 day forecast. This isnt supposed to happen in March.

Comment

This breaks my heart to read. Praying for yall and everyone out that way. Praying for rain, no wind and high humidity.

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
        We will take all we can get. I sure hope we get a whole lot more than what we've received so far. This is the last chance in the 7 day forecast. This isnt supposed to happen in March.
        Actually, the majority of fires here are February-May.

We got a little rain and are thankful but it didn’t do more than settle the dust.

Comment

Rain hitting the burns?

What the best place to get updates?

What’s the best place to give a little to help out good folks?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Chicken checked on them Friday, and they and the farm were good. Ranchers and firefighters had turned the fire 1/2 mile from them.

I have not heard anything since, but I will ask him to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the update, Dale. I appreciate it.

Comment

Did the wind change help or hurt the fighting of the fires?

Did any of yesterday evenings rain help any?

Prayers continued for all effected.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
                Actually, the majority of fires here are February-May.

We got a little rain and are thankful but it didn’t do more than settle the dust.
                Hey Sippy
                Ive lived here all my life and gonna have to call bs on that stat. Late summer into early fall has always been the worst. Cant remember any large fires ever taking place in March. Growing up we always had good rain from March to May.

Comment

Hey Sippy
                  Ive lived here all my life and gonna have to call bs on that stat. Late summer into early fall has always been the worst. Cant remember any large fires ever taking place in March. Growing up we always had good rain from March to May.
                  Thats fine, ill back it up with facts from the forest service. Here a map of the 30 largest fires.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Sippy; 03-22-2022, 08:26 AM.

Comment

good friend of mine is and Eastland County Firefighter. The videos and stuff he has posted is unreal.
                    I hope the rain stopped most of this.
                    praying

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
                      Thats fine, ill back it up with facts from the forest service. Here a map of the 30 largest fires.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Majority of fires here are not in the spring. I guarantee it. Thats all I quoted.

Comment

Majority of fires here are not in the spring. I guarantee it. Thats all I quoted.
                          I would tend to agree with you, but probably the larger ones are, due to the abundance of dry fuel, high winds, and low humidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            I would tend to agree with you, but probably the larger ones are, due to the abundance of dry fuel, high winds, and low humidity.
                            I do agree.

Comment

Yeah, late winter and early spring (in dry springs) are when the BIG fires happen. Usually following a wet year before that too. Lots of super dry fuel, high winds, low humidities..... Exactly what we've had lately.

Comment

Wasn't the Cross Plains fire that killed 7 and burned up 20 some odd houses a few years ago in the spring?

Comment

Working...
                                X