Insurance Question(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance Question(s)

My wife and I are buying a new home. It is on the lake, with 14 acres and 2 already established businesses. One business is a bait/tackle shop, the other is (8) 10x30 storage units. I currently have everything I own insured through USAA, but they are not liking the two businesses on my property. They would use someone else to insure the bait shop and then another entity to insure the storage units. I also believe that it will be incredibly pricey. Anyone have a similar setup? If so, who do you have for insurance?

Is the place in Oklahoma?
    The bait shop will be insured differently than the storage units. Being their all on one property might cause some difficulty but it should not be a huge deal. Who does the current owner use? I’m sure usaa would rather not have any of it if you can’t separate the home from the business

Comment

Home is personal and the other is business liability. bait shop and storage will be on a commercial policy

Comment

Where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          Is the place in Oklahoma?
          The bait shop will be insured differently than the storage units. Being their all on one property might cause some difficulty but it should not be a huge deal. Who does the current owner use? I’m sure usaa would rather not have any of it if you can’t separate the home from the business
          We are in Oklahoma. I am checking with him tomorrow to se who he uses.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
            Where are you located?
            Oklahoma…south of Tulsa.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
              Where are you located?
              Oklahoma…south of Tulsa.

Comment

Id split it all up under separate llc, that way when you get sued they can't come after everything plus insurance will easier to deal with seperately

Comment

Working...
                X