Tipping at the feed store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tipping at the feed store

Does anyone here tip the guys that load feed/protein in your truck at the feed store?

I never know if I am supposed to or not. If so, how much?

Originally posted by Nplattii View Post
    Does anyone here tip the guys that load feed/protein in your truck at the feed store?

I never know if I am supposed to or not. If so, how much?
    Good question! I find myself asking the same thing whenever I stop for feed.

Comment

I do. Really depends on what i have in bills. I know that it is hard work & they tell me it ain't necessary,but they sure get me loaded up fast & help me out. When I pull up they are already asking what I need.

Comment

If I have cash on me, I do (typically $5-10). I try to make people’s day a little better sometimes. I feel the world needs more of that and any chance I have that opportunity, I will.

Comment

HELL NO, you pay extra at feed store for them to load your truck. Just my thoughts

Comment

yes...……..…..A couple bucks, ain't gonna kill ya...………..
            But trust me..... They'll remember you...………...

Comment

Yep. And they appreciate it.

Comment

Always...and I get first class service when they see me pulling in

Comment

I do and sometimes I even get a tip. Funny story from a couple weeks ago. I was in the pickup line and the older gentleman in front of me was buying a pallet of corn and their forklift was down. The two guys working were making pretty short work of it but I felt inclined to get out of my truck and help. I probably moved 10 sacks total, when we finished the gentlemen waived me to his window thinking I worked at the store and gave me three $20 bills and then he thanked me for my crew. Was my first tip ever and it felt pretty good, felt even better passing it on to the actual employees that did the bulk of the work.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                    I do and sometimes I even get a tip. Funny story from a couple weeks ago. I was in the pickup line and the older gentleman in front of me was buying a pallet of corn and their forklift was down. The two guys working were making pretty short work of it but I felt inclined to get out of my truck and help. I probably moved 10 sacks total, when we finished the gentlemen waived me to his window thinking I worked at the store and gave me three $20 bills and then he thanked me for my crew. Was my first tip ever and it felt pretty good, felt even better passing it on to the actual employees that did the bulk of the work.
                    I’ve never met you, and I don’t drink, but I’d buy you a beer.
                    Good on you a Sir.

Comment

All of these tipping threads lately... I do only because I remember being tipped when I worked at a feed store in HS. Sure made the hot days a little better.

I even tip the sonic worker bringing my food out. Guess who is always recognized and gets extra treats at sonic?

Comment

No

Comment

It never crossed my mind to tip at the feed store. Well until now.

Comment

I do all the time and try to make sure I have the cash on me. I'd rather give a working kid $5-10 dollars than load 40-50 bags in my truck/ trailer myself..... they stack it like I ask so we don't have to dig around in the bed of a truck while we make our rounds. He makes my day by doing the work and hopefully I help him buy lunch or some beer...

I don't expect anybody else to do it because we all have our own opinions on it and the value it holds. I just do me......
                            Last edited by Smart; 08-06-2020, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Yes $5-10, lunch money, I’ve become a good tipper for good service nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                              X