Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's y'alls growth? How much longer do y'all think we have? Contemplated going up next week and putting out another 500lbs of protein but if its not worth it then I'm not. I've been feeding all year so still have them coming to my pen.

Comment

Originally posted by CB_TxNole View Post
      How's y'alls growth? How much longer do y'all think we have? Contemplated going up next week and putting out another 500lbs of protein but if its not worth it then I'm not. I've been feeding all year so still have them coming to my pen.

Do it, they are still growing, I plan on filling my feeder two more times before October.

Comment

I try to keep protein going until season starts. In my experience some bucks are only there for the protein. I have now gone to timed protein and keep it going yr round but I do turn the time way down just to keep a little out.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
          I try to keep protein going until season starts. In my experience some bucks are only there for the protein. I have now gone to timed protein and keep it going yr round but I do turn the time way down just to keep a little out.
          I do the exact same thing.

Comment

I'm considering adding a timed protein feeder and feeding year round just for a variety. Corn, protein, alfalfa.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
              I'm considering adding a timed protein feeder and feeding year round just for a variety. Corn, protein, alfalfa.
              I use alfalfa as well depending on range conditions. Problem with that is they will wipe out a bale in about 3 days

Comment

In my experience some bucks are only there for the protein.
                Just saw this on our lease. Put a new set up out in June and started feeding corn, tons of does and turkey but no bucks. Went out last weekend and put a protein feeder there too and it's covered up now. Will get a timed protein feeder next year for that stand and one or two more after seeing how much they've been on it this year.

Comment

Anyone hunting north of Angelo between Tennyson or Bronte? How are the deer looking so far in that area?

Comment

2020 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                    I'm considering adding a timed protein feeder .

I did that very thing. Was tired of improving only my offseason, so I did something to try to improve my in season attraction too. I liked the idea of adding another attractant that would put them on my time like corn does.

They still come and go (especially when poontang is in order) but I’m a fan of the amount of deer it keeps around...
                    Last edited by Smart; 08-08-2020, 05:19 AM.

Comment

No trail camera pics in over a month. I need to see some big bucks

Comment

Farm logs says we got .59" yesterday in Robert Lee. Any rain reports from north of Angelo?

Comment

I was told I got some rain at my set, camp didn't. Looked like some of our ranch was pretty wet though.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            I did that very thing. Was tired of improving only my offseason, so I did something to try to improve my in season attraction too. I liked the idea of adding another attractant that would put them on my time like corn does.

They still come and go (especially when poontang is in order) but I’m a fan of the amount of deer it keeps around...
                            Which unit did go with Jason?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

If anyone is looking to offload some panels for pens I may be buying. Probably not many people selling this time of year but worth a shot before I build from regular fencing and barbed wire

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                                Which unit did go with Jason?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I bought two of the ASF stand and fill timed protein feeders used, off the classifieds...

Click image for larger version

Name:	00IMG_0781.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	24628120

Comment

Working...
                                X