Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New push for Wash DC to be its own state

This was in Texas A&M Today

What would happen to Congress if DC became a 51st state?

Obviously a very liberal opinion based article. You can easily pick up the hatred of Republicans in it.

I'm not sure everything he says is correct. I thought the residents of DC vote as residents of Maryland or Virginia?

He said they pay more in federal taxes than the rest of the country. But how is that possible?

And he also has a chart that shows potential House seat changes pending the 2020 Census. This chart shows NO seat changes for California which surprises me because of the "mass exodus" from that state that we've all heard about. (as a side note, I thought it was either Project Veritas or the Heritage Foundation that showed if California didn't count the illegals they would lose 5-7 House seats which is why they are fighting the US citizen question on the census.)

Adding D.C. as a state would put 2 more Democrat senators in the Senate. That would be a big deal - and BAD.

Comment

Yes, that's what the article said, except the liberal said it would be a good thing and it would shut down conservatism.

Comment

Democrats are always wanting to move the goal post when they aren't winning.
        The Democrats are the biggest threat to this country imo.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Even if the bill were to pass the house and senate, it would require a constitutional amendment which would have to be ratified by 3/4 of the states. Not going to happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
            Even if the bill were to pass the house and senate, it would require a constitutional amendment which would have to be ratified by 3/4 of the states. Not going to happen!
            Good point.

Comment

DimmerKrauts are just throwin' **** at the wall hoping something will stick that they can use to regain power... NOTHING, I mean NOTHING is out of bounds for those suckers! They'd throw George Soros under the bus if they thought that'd put 'em back in power!

Comment

Aren't they trying essentially the same thing with Puerto Rico statehood as well?

Comment

Yes

Comment

In DC 95% of those employed work for the federal government, talk about an on the teet state.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                      In DC 95% of those employed work for the federal government, talk about an on the teet state.
                      And the ones not working directly for the government make their money off the ones that do!

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                        I'm not sure everything he says is correct. I thought the residents of DC vote as residents of Maryland or Virginia?
                        LoL
                        You can't be serious

Comment

Working...
                        X