Age this One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age this One

Just getting to look at some trail cam pics from last year (hadn't had a chance with the new baby). Age on this one...not a lot of pics.

At least a post rut 4.5

Can't tell much else with just those 2 pics

Comment

Maybe post rut 4.5, but I would expect his neck to be bigger, so I am going with a really nice 3.5 yr old

Comment

Minimum 4.5. With hocks like that I say no way he is 3.5. To give a better estimate need better pics.

Comment

I was thinking 3.5 too but noticed the hocks as well which makes me believe 4.5 post rut too.

Comment

Congrats on the new baby.. Like above I'm going with 4.5. Nice animal.

Comment

Thanks folks! Really appreciate the help. We just bought the place last year and it was 98% wooded. We been working hard to clean it up and have gone from seeing no animals to seeing deer regularly on the cameras. Definitely excited to see progress

Comment

Originally posted by Sethmac View Post
                Thanks folks! Really appreciate the help. We just bought the place last year and it was 98% wooded. We been working hard to clean it up and have gone from seeing no animals to seeing deer regularly on the cameras. Definitely excited to see progress
                As you should be! Hard work pays off. Congrats again.

Comment

I lightened up the pic, and his legs are stained all the way down to his ankles. Like others said, he looks like a run-down 4.5yr old, but possibly even older with that much staining (our 4yr olds don't stain that much at that age).

Also, there's another deer in the woods behind the feeder.

Comment

4.5......beast of one at that

Comment

4.5yrs. Great looking buck.

Comment

Comment

Still going through cameras...here is a night shot of him

Last edited by Sethmac; 04-04-2016, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Got yourself a little gold mine of a place bud.

Comment

Thanks ostey22...we're excited that we are starting to see deer

Comment

Working...
                              X