Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tech Tip: Audio real low when recording....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tech Tip: Audio real low when recording....

I've noticed that when people set up a video camera away from them on the Lay Down Video (LDV) the audio is very low. The video and everything is really good, but the aduio hurts the video.

This weekend I was playing around with the camcorder and video editing software, when I thought about using a digital voice recorder to do a voice over...I have a Olympus WS-100 Digital Voice Recorder (DVR). It has a ear and mic jack, plus a USB plug.

I hooked up my Rode shotgun mic to the mic jack and a pair of headphones to the ear jack.

When I hit record I could hear myslef talking...this was going to work!! I made my recording, then plugged the DVR into the USB port and uploaded the audio I created, to the computer.

I dropped the audio into an audio track and was able to use the voice recording I just created over the original audio...Perfect!

A wireless mic is really nice to have for away from the camera shots, but like a lot of us we are all on a budget. In stead of a wireless mic try using a DVR to capture your voice and add it to the video when you are editing it.

Set your camera up 10' away, adjust the zoom, and hit record.

Hit record on the DVR as well and walk to you animal.

Say what you want and when you go back to edit the video, add your voice.

It will be louder and more clear!

Instead of using a Rode mic you can get a small mic from B and H Photo or like store and hook it up to your DVR.

Clip it to your shirt and your good to record.

One problem you may have is voice doesn't match the lip movement, but with a little practice, you will be able to move the audio clip and it will "line up" with the lips moving...If I can do it you can too.

Thanks Swat. I use one of those recorders for interviews at work....now it can multitask for me!

Comment

LOL...that is what I use mine for too.
      Plus, I normally don't make traffic stops and don't always have a video tape in the player, so I use the DRV for traffic stops too.

Comment

Working...
      X