another question about parallel limbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another question about parallel limbs

if you have a bow that has 45 to 55 pound limbs can you order heavier limbs for the same riser?
    may be dumb question but i havent been around compounds for about oh 8 years.

any answer at al would be awesome

Yes, As far as I know all the risers are the same (for each model) the limb deflection dictates the poundage.

Comment

with a diamond edge yes, but i don't know about the other bows, this might be a question that you will need to call the bow manufactor about, but i really don't think you can as the riser's are engineered for the limbs that come with it.

Comment

Mathews bows yes
        Athens bows yes

Both are simply swap out limbs, no change in string/cable length cam size, limb pockets etc.
        Last edited by Let's go Brandon!; 04-22-2010, 08:40 AM.

Comment

cool
          thanks guys

Comment

Hoyts... little different story.

Several models can interchange parts, limbs, cams, risers... it takes some serious doing to arrive at the desired mount of deflection, draw weight... more factors involved in what the stated poundage is on a set of limbs.

Takes "Javi" like skill level to put all that together.

Comment

yes they should all be fine as long as you get the right limbs for the right riser then you should be good to go

Comment

thanks for the info.
                i called pse today since they manufacture the Achery Research bows.
                and they said that the limbs ARE interchangeable and it would only cost 130 through a dealer. but thats not including the labor to install and switch the cams and idlers out.
                but i got a couple of guys that can do that.

Comment

Working...
                X