paralell limb question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paralell limb question.

with a plb is the need for 60 plus lb dw needed or do they shoot just as fasterr than regular shaped bows?

You can shoot less poundage with them and maintain faster speeds.The 2 I shoot at 50 pounds are in the 280 to 290 range.

Comment

what about at 60 to 70 lbs

Comment

The parallel limb design itself does not make the bow shoot faster, it reduced any hand shock since the limbs motion is away from each other. Modern bows are getting better engineered and better limbs/cams which makes them faster. Speed is speed whatever the limb geometry. If 60# is what you want to be comfortable with, it will shoot through any animal you'll hunt in Texas just fine.

50# draw and 280/290 fps is a screaming-bow. Are you shooting a very light weight target/3d arrow to get that speed. When I shot my 500 grain CarbonTech Rhino hunting arrows out of a Matthews Monster at 70# it shot around 275 fps- and that is a 340+ fps IBO rated bow.
        Last edited by Bill; 04-22-2010, 09:30 PM.

Comment

thanks everybody.
          i dont know anything about these new bows i will have alot of questions

Comment

Shoot 'em all and decide which one you like the best. I found standing a few yards in front of the targets in a pro shop and shooting with my eyes closed lets me 'feel' each of the bows. All are capable of drilling the 10-ring with every shot if you (or I) do our part in shooting 'em correctly.

Comment

Yes Bill I'm shooting a 270 grain arrow to get that speed.

Comment

ooo! What is your draw length, David?
                I wish I could draw 50# with my 270 grain arrows and get 280 fps!

Yes, draw length has a big effect on speed too, guys!

Comment

28" 50# Z7 is shooting 270 grain arrow 283fps.It is a sweet little 3d bow setup.

Comment

With a 270 grain arrow, what are you shooting, an 85 grain or less tip?

I like heavy arrows, I can't break 'em as fast

Comment

I shoot a Darton at 55lbs. The new Pro 3800 with a 294gr arrow and getting 319fps. I have gotten more with doing some tinkering, like advancing the cams. I even put a new string, with a strand count a lot less. Believe me you can get a lot more speed! At 28"dl it is very fast. And Bill is right, the limbs are not the only thing, but does play its part in acheving more speed. The energy that was lost due to the shock, is now in the arrow. This speed is with a 100gr tip, and 15% foc, and a GT20 arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                        With a 270 grain arrow, what are you shooting, an 85 grain or less tip?

I like heavy arrows, I can't break 'em as fast
                        80 grain speed point.

Comment

Working...
                        X