X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
      Don’t want to sidetrack this post but the rules are written for Teniente and specifically say “We prohibit the possession, use or hunting over bait on the Refuge. Bait is anything that can be ingested.” I parked on the county road (not on the refuge)just to avoid this. So if I had an apple or some peanuts in my truck that could be ingested would this warrant a ticket? They searched my truck, backpack and hunting area and didn’t find a single kernel of corn. I am fine paying the $230 ticket for misplacing my signed permit.

My reason for posting my experience was meant to warn people to follow every rule and if in doubt don’t do it-they seem to be looking to make $$. The US f&g guys are known to be jerks (from what my duck hunting buddies say) and I am now 1 for 1 on that experience.
      They can check your drivers license and verify if you actually have a permit. I have seen them do that before. I know some hunters never get the email that has the permit and all they do is call their office and verify. Sorry about the ticket.

Comment

The GWs at our orientation for LA asked us not to have any alcohol or any bait in our vehicles..period. This was my 2nd orientation and they didn't stress it as much last year. All kidding aside, I bet he mentioned this more than 5 times. So much so that I felt like I was amongst a bunch of kids getting scolded haha. They even mentioned the "on the way to the lease" scenario. I just figured that maybe a few must have taken them lightly last year.

Comment

What's considered bait? Can you carry a candy bar? Seems like any human food can be bait right?

Comment

anything that is ingestible by deer

Comment

I take my lunch and sit all day. I have never been searched but I guess they could claim that my lunch could be used for bait.

Comment

My son and I will be out there FEB 8-10. Any tips from those that hunted there this year. Have hunted LA and the other smaller one down there (LRGV i think it was), but not this one.

Comment

would be a fun hunt!

Comment

Looks like it may be wet and warmer than I’d like. Snake boots and sit all day.

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
                      Looks like it may be wet and warmer than I’d like. Snake boots and sit all day.

Warmer is good for Nilgai movement. They should be up and going. good luck

Comment

Thanks good to hear but it’s the snakes I wanted to avoid. Lol but I have good boots so I should be good

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
                          Thanks good to hear but it’s the snakes I wanted to avoid. Lol but I have good boots so I should be good

I hear ya. I didn’t see any when I hunted there. I hunted in November. Was plenty hot for them then.

Comment

Last year the SE corner had a lot of fresh droppings in

Comment

Thanks for the tip

Comment

Working...
                              X