• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few more

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
      I live in St Louis, moved there about 2 years ago. Chicago and LA are both direct.
      You need to update your profile

I thought you lived in Azle

Comment

Good luck, shoot a big one!

Comment

Enjoy and looking forward to following along

Comment

Giggity! Everybody is lookin at the blonde in highheels boarding. Mom in sneakers is peepin. Mr Fantastic is peepin. And you snappin photos. Im peepin.

Good luck Raypo. Have a great time and hit where you aim. I look forward to the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
              You need to update your profile

I thought you lived in Azle
              Thats a big step. Missouri has some work to do on me before I update it.

Comment

I just finished fishing. I need a nap, so bad! I’ll post pictures shortly.

Comment

In for pictures and updates.

Comment

nice fish!

Comment

Wake up Ray. We need pics . Where are you staying?

Comment

I’m at the phase in my life where lifetime dreams/adventures are starting to become reality. Over the past years it appears that some of my desires have evolved a little. Evolved in the sense that trips like New Zealand and Africa are still exciting but now no more so than chasing a dall sheep in Alaska, or any western state and Alaska adventure. Nonetheless, New Zealand is a life long desire and dream. As I write this I’m going through that very special moment in time of when that dream becomes reality. My hunting companion on this journey of a lifetime is bar none the best I could ask for- God.

Friday- I landed in Auckland after a 16 hour brutal beating at 40,000 feet. To top things off, my partner in this journey was a 5 year old boy from Wisconsin. I have no doubts he slept well on the plane with his head laid on his dads lap and his feet beating me to death. It’s hard enough to sleep on a plane but you throw in a size 7 boys nike in the face- well even a few sleeping pills topped with wine doesn’t work.

I was a little worried that my international to domestic connection was a little to tight (90 minutes), especially with knowing a bow and hunting boots was going to take a little time going through customs. No worries mate, I made it. The next leg of my journey was a short 50 minute flight to Taupo. By the way- domestic air travel in New Zealand is awesome. No security! Just easy goes it, is the way.

The plan is for a fishing guide to pick me up at the small little run way in Taupo. And as planned my fishing buddy Andrew was there waiting for me and we quickly grabbed my luggage and no more than 20 minutes later I was fishing. I will admit- I love fly fishing but I really do suck. I did leave my phone in the truck after I proved to myself that the slick rocks and swift water was most certainly going to result in a cold dunking (or two). Within the first five minutes of fishing I hooked up with a huge brown that took 20-30 minutes to wrestle into the net. Throughout the rest of the day I caught several more and lost even more - some rainbows (big and small) and some browns. About 3pm, I was starting to feel like the waking dead. Since my last 30 hours consisted of time travel through a metal tube in which I was confined to a space just large enough for my body and of course accompanied by the stresses of travel and no sleep. I was zapped. From there my guide took me to my hotel (Suncourt Hotel) in Taupo where I have a very comfortable room overlooking the lake- gorgeous. After a beer on the deck and some baked trout, I was out. Tomorrow, I will be picked up by my outfitter and I’ll be off chasing roaring stags, 2 hour drive south of Taupo.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I forgot to share this one moment that I thought was amusing. When I chose my fishing guide I really had very little to go from, no references, or recommendations. This being said, I had some hesitations about it all. So, there was this moment in which my wallet, passport, gear, cash, phone, everything was in the truck. The guide set me up in a little spot on the stream, gave me some instruction, and said I’ll be right back I’m just going to go to the truck and get sunscreen. Then I’m sitting there in a stream thinking to myself - what a perfect scam. I could just picture myself left with nothing but my story and a fishing pole. Luckily he came back. He later laughed when I told him that story.

Comment

Awesome Ray

Comment

Looks and sounds awesome buddy!

Comment

Working...
                                X