Inexpensive Arrow Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inexpensive Arrow Holder

I have an arrow cut off saw attached to my bow press stand, but I since it isn't on a bench, I never had anywhere to put the arrows while I was cutting them. Today, it finally bothered me enough to do something about it so I set off for the hardware store. I bought a 3"x18" section of PVC and a knock out flange so I now have an inexpensive, easy way to hold my arrows while I'm cutting them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1935.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	24719752

Name:	IMG_1936.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	24719753

Name:	IMG_1932.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	24719754

Name:	IMG_1909.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	24719755

This would also work for those of you who don't like wearing a hip quiver when you're shooting in the backyard. I think I've given my brother at least three hip quivers but whenever he shoots at my house, he either has his arrows in his back pocket or asks me to hold them for him. The next time he comes over, I'll be ready for him.

nice

Comment

Arquero.....very nice.....and just what I've been looking for.....

Tell me more about this knock out flange.....can I find it at Home Depot or Lowes?

Comment

I got it at Home Depot in the plumbing section. I'm not a plumber so I could be wrong but I think it's the flange that the commode actually sits on. The box it came out of just read PVC knock out flange and I think it cost around three bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Arquero View Post
          I got it at Home Depot in the plumbing section. I'm not a plumber so I could be wrong but I think it's the flange that the commode actually sits on. The box it came out of just read PVC knock out flange and I think it cost around three bucks.

Thank you........headed there right now....

Comment

Got r done....made 4 for less than $25 total with tax. Bought a 10 foot piece and cut it down so I could make some for some buddies. Need one more $3 flange for a 5th.

Thank you Arquero

Comment

Cool! I'm glad it worked out for you.

Comment

I'm doing the National Archery in the School Program (NASP) at the school I am assigned...That is excatly what I need for arrow holders on the gym floor!!!

Comment

I forgot to mention that I bought a cheaper black rubber door mat and cut out 3" circles to glue in the bottom for some cheap cushioning when you drop your arrows in tips first.....Probalby overkill, but WT HAIL.....

Comment

That's neat! I made one out of 2 large coffee cans. Cut the tops out of both, cut the bottom out of one and duct tape them end to end. Yours looks a lot nicer, though. And I like the foam rubber in the bottom of it.

Comment

Here's mine.

IMG_0876.JPG

IMG_0879.JPG

Comment

Very Nice!

If you make the tube longer you can use the PVC caps and make an arrow tube holder for travel on planes or in your vehicle also.

Comment

Made one yesterday and it works great. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X