Our elevated bow blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our elevated bow blind

We built this last summer and put it up in September. It's a 6x6 platform with an expanded metal floor. 6' tall square tubing uprights on the corners. Cattle panels welded to the uprights for walls, black-backed carpet hung on the panels with zip ties. Corrugated tin roof. Windows are shoot thru netting but can be opened. Has worked great so far - animals were ignoring it within a few weeks. Only downside is that it won't be much good for summer pig hunts - if the temp is above 80 or so it is hotter than Hades inside.

Very nice!!

Comment

you could shoot a recurve in that. I like that. If I knew that I could hunt the same place year after year that would be flat out the best thing since Twinkies!
      Chris Kiefner

Comment

looks great all you need now is a cooling system

Comment

Put a window unit in!! Lol just kidding!

Comment

dang nice may i copy plz?

Comment

There ya go, if the weather was nice you could just sleep up in that thing, roll over in the morning shoot yer deer and then put on a pot of coffee...

Comment

Very nice! looks very comfy

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                Only downside is that it won't be much good for summer pig hunts - if the temp is above 80 or so it is hotter than Hades inside.
                Might try removeing the roof for summer time pig shoots at night, or storing the walls and leaving the roof on. Or mosquito netting the walls for ventilation and save the carpet for the cooler months.

Comment

Very nice indeed!

Comment

Shoot-through Netting

Jerp, where do you get your shoot-through netting?
                    Manuel

Comment

I've always used the nylon camo netting you can pick up at Academy or WalMart I think it's by Hunters Specialties. However the last time I bought it it's now made with a much tighter weave than the older stuff and I'm not sure if it will work as well. I think I'll start ordering the netting from the Double Bull Archery website.

Comment

Working...
                      X