Python huntin in Florida. Ever been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Python huntin in Florida. Ever been?

I've been tossing around the idea of giving it a go one of these days. I'm trying to get one of my buddies interested in going with me but he has too many questions I can't answer. He ain't gonna want to just hunt those so I'd assume they have other feral species to shoot. Maybe even go during alligator season and kill one of those. If we make the trip down there I ain't gonna want to be limited on what we can and can't kill either. If there is a variety of invasive species and things such as nutria and hogs we're gonna want to kill those. I just know how we are so if we get on an air boat with a few guns and we start seeing pythons and there's a nutria swimming or a group of hogs out there or iguanas in the trees they're bound to get shot.

I just don't know anything about huntin in Florida,how much a hunt like that costs or what is fair game and what ain't. So who has been and how was it?

Webstertroy went..I don't remember if he killed any though.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

The guide you hire would answer those questions better I’d imagine, because I haven’t a clue. . You’re the snake wrangler of TBH, you HAVE to go on this hunt! No excuses! Lol
      Last edited by ostey22; 07-13-2019, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Bill booth

Hands down

Comment

You can kill all the big green iquanas you want. thw fish and game dept would welcome it.

Comment

Only if it was free and I could kill them

Don't care nothing about hauling a live one around in a pillow case

Comment

You can take the pythons, iguanas and hogs year round on private land. The wildlife management areas have their own seasons and regs on having firearms.

There is a specific season on gators unless nuisance or land owner tags are used and during the season, which last time I went , it Is the month of Sept, night only and no firearms.

Comment

Look online for an episode of “relentless pursuit” with Tim Wells where he hunted canals in a boat for iguanas with a blowgun. It looked like a blast! I will admit it doesn’t sound fun but it looked fun.

Comment

It's Florida!! There's no rules! Load up some carnies and go Python hunting!!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                    It's Florida!! There's no rules! Load up some carnies and go Python hunting!!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    If we went down there and treated the land like it was our own they'd be like...."Alright this is gettin stupid. Y'all need to go back to Oklahoma."

All I can picture is haulin butt through the everglades, hogs,snakes,iguanas,empty beer cans and shotgun shells all over the bottom of the air boat.LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ostey22 View Post
                      The guide you hire would answer those questions better I’d imagine, because I haven’t a clue. . You’re the snake wrangler of TBH, you HAVE to go on this hunt! No excuses! Lol
                      I agree I gotta experience it at least once. I bet it'd be a blast.

Comment

[ATTACH]963447[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Gladesgator View Post
                          You can take the pythons, iguanas and hogs year round on private land. The wildlife management areas have their own seasons and regs on having firearms.

There is a specific season on gators unless nuisance or land owner tags are used and during the season, which last time I went , it Is the month of Sept, night only and no firearms.
                          Awesome thanks! I'm talking to my brother about it right now seeing if he'd be up for a snake hunt. Not everyone is up for a good ol' snake hunt. Very few actually.

Comment

Train a sake dog to "tree'em", point just the pythons out. Then cruise roads and when the dog locates one turn him loose like the hog hunters. Be quick about it though...

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                              Train a sake dog to "tree'em", point just the pythons out. Then cruise roads and when the dog locates one turn him loose like the hog hunters. Be quick about it though...
                              "The dog stopped barkin! What's that mean?"

"Oh that? That means we ain't goin out there."

Comment

Working...
                              X