Kids being left in vechicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by awry View Post
    I also know of a farther who backed over a child but thankfully the child did not die.

IMO the backing over scenario is an accident and is way different than leaving a child in a car. Leaving a child in car is SO preventable that I honestly can think of plausible excuse. Yes we’re all busy at times and forget items but a phone, laptop, handbag, or whatever is not comparable to your child in importance (obviously) or even size to where you wouldn’t notice.

Just glance in the back and verify before walking away ... sheez how hard / much time is that?!
    Not much different. I just don’t feel it’s my place to judge. I agree it’s awful. Carry on.

Comment

Lib solution... Put something important in the back, like one of your shoes, so you look for it. This is what a Democrat friend told me when we were talking about a recent news story on this. I don't understand how people can think this way, what's more important than your child? It's not a political issue, it's a people issue, but wow how can you think this way?

Comment

Not excusable in my book. I feel that alot are left on purpose
        Last edited by 67olds442; 07-10-2019, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by awry View Post
          Not sure who this was directed to but my family is the most important thing in my life. Taking care of them and ensuring their wellbeing. If one is too busy to know/notice that you’re child is still in the car when you exit, then you need to reprioritize things.

If all that means riding a high horse, then giddy-up.
          Ride em cowboy! I'm right there with you.

Comment

It will continue to happen, until people face, some really serious
            jail time... Up to, and including first degree...…….
            No excuses.... no exceptions...….

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
              I agree

Comment

I once heard of a lady who forgot about her 3 year old in the car - for 12 HOURS!! How in the heck can you forget your toddler for 12 freaking hours?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                  yep!

Comment

Originally posted by riverbowman View Post
                    Completely distracted society with less recall and attention span.
                    I will second this comment. I have a coworker that has run out of fuel 4 times in 18 months and 2 of those times I was talking to him on the phone. It's not the money either, he makes a ton of it, just out of tune with his surroundings. He gets so focused on other topics he just forgets or zones out.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                      Be careful riding those high horses.
                      Agree. I'm sure there are some sickos that have killed their kids this way. I would bet that the vast majority are tragic accidents. Like others have said, people are way too easily distracted these days. Can't imagine living with yourself after allowing something like that to happen. I would pray that if someone planned to kill their kid, that they wouldn't do it by slowly cooking them in a hot car. Don't assume it could never happen to you. We could all probably do a better job of looking out for these types of things in parking lots. I know I could. I usually have my head down going into places...thinking about what I'm there for.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                        My favorite is when they tell you to put "something important" in the back seat so you don't forget. Like your phone, etc.......
                        I know right that is just freaking stupid . There was no way I was forgetting my son . There isn’t anything more important to me than him. And it would probably of been a death sentence for anyone who did that.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                          Much of the time it happens when a parent is not the normal parent dealing with said child. For instance the mother always drops the child off at day care but is sick so the father does in place. The dads normal routine is to stop for a coffee and donut then head to work. He forgets the child is with him. Being creatures of ha it and routine has its downfalls. I know I'm guilty of forgetting to do things that are out of the norm.
                          This seems to be the case a lot of times. You get on autopilot and it never crosses your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                            Much of the time it happens when a parent is not the normal parent dealing with said child. For instance the mother always drops the child off at day care but is sick so the father does in place. The dads normal routine is to stop for a coffee and donut then head to work. He forgets the child is with him. Being creatures of ha it and routine has its downfalls. I know I'm guilty of forgetting to do things that are out of the norm.
                            I've been late picking the kiddos up from school on occasion! Get busy at work or answer a call as I should be walking out the door! There was a baby that died here in our town years ago that was left in a car. Terrible deal...

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                              This seems to be the case a lot of times. You get on autopilot and it never crosses your mind.

I’ll be honest and say while there isn’t any excuse for it I see how it happens. Wife always took the kids to school/doctors/daycare. It was a very rare occasion that I did it. I was suppose to take the youngest to Mothers Day Out once on my way to work when he was about 3. He fell asleep soon after I strapped him in and I was almost to work when I realized I had driven past the place.

He was sound asleep and it wasn’t my routine to take him. Made me feel sick to my stomach even though it was January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We may be more distracted but we also hear about stuff like this more than we ever have. 24-hour news cycle and constant stream of media-- stuff like kids dying gets people's attention so they click it.

Comment

Working...
                                X