Texas to Wyoming Road Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas to Wyoming Road Trip

My wife and I are planning for a road trip from north TX to Wyoming for the Cheyenne Rodeo in late July. Any advice/recommendations on places to stop/see along the way.

She is more of a lets just drive and see what we find person, and I am a "we need a plan person" person. Trying to meet in the middle.

Thanks in advance.

Personally, I like to head through the Raton Pass and up 25. I hate the drive through the panhandle, but still better than going up OK into Kansas Via 35-70.

Plenty to do up 25 through the front range...lots in Colorado Springs (cave of winds, pikes peak, 7 falls is cool, hiking, Garden of the Gods is a quick free stop). Denver will have a lot of city type stuff (Rockies game perhaps...or drive out to Mt Evans). Next up is Ft Collins ( head out Poudre Caynon maybe)...another option between Denver and Ft Collins would be Peak to Peak By way. Runs you into Estes Park. Stay and go into RMNP via trail Ridge Road)

Lots of other cool stuff too

Comment

we did it 3 yrs ago ... great trip!! raton pass, Denver, Arapahoe n.f., Roosevelt n.f., estes..etc... felt a lot different about the gulf coast when we returned....

Comment

Working...
      X