• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    tripas & mollejas...yummy!!
    THIS^^^^!!!!! And some Lengua!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
      The only way I have tried tripas, was in like a soup or stew. The tripas did not have much of any flavor and was very chewy. Now fried and crispy, it might be good. There was a restaurant/bar down the road from where I worked years ago. They had some special even going on and a bunch of the guys from the shop went, they were serving tripas. I had plenty of beer, then tried it. It was not a bad taste, just not really much of any taste at all. I would not stand in line to eat the same dish, that we at at that place. But I did eat that stuff on two different occasions.
      I think you are talking about tripes. In menudo, Menudo is great too. If it had no flavor it wasnt made correctly. Now if it was boiled Tripas that just sounds nasty!

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
        I think you are talking about tripes. In menudo, Menudo is great too. If it had no flavor it wasnt made correctly. Now if it was boiled Tripas that just sounds nasty!
        I boil the tripas then fry them. No way I'd eat them after just the boil phase lmao

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowtechbandit View Post
          anything you have to boil to literally get the chit taste out of, im out on!!
          Same but just think.

At some point in time, someone likely first tried it without cleaning it that well. And then probably kept honing the recipe by trial and a whole lot of error resulting in several adjustments.

Maybe it’s to rights these days but I’ll take others word for it.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
            If you stuffed it with meat, would you call it sausage?
            lol

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
              If you stuffed it with meat, would you call it sausage?
              She never really liked that nickname.

Comment

**** Jaime, you're killin' me with the tripas and mollejas, making me really hungry over here.

Comment

crisp or crispier pero no es una pachanga sin cerveza y tripas o catan

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                    crisp or crispier pero no es una pachanga sin cerveza y tripas o catan
                    Dang, I love me some gar. Fresh pico, squeeze of lime, and crispy fried gar on a homemade corn tortilla ranks right up there as a possible last meal on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                      Same but just think.

At some point in time, someone likely first tried it without cleaning it that well. And then probably kept honing the recipe by trial and a whole lot of error resulting in several adjustments.

Maybe it’s to rights these days but I’ll take others word for it.
                      They probably got the notion from the Comanche who were known as “gut eaters. “

Comment

Owww yea, Sunday dinner gonna be good.

Comment

Frying them now

Comment

Love tripas! Always looking for places that serve it up. Prefer it in burritos, with just a little crunch to it. Can't turn down a good bowl of menudo either.

Comment

Working...
                            X