Mrs. Antlercollector’s turn to hunt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
    Timing the weather good for Eldorado. I bet this week ends up with blood spilled. Hope you packed your jacket!

Yessir! It’s gonna get cold. Hopefully they will be moving. No more hunting today, but she will be back behind the bow in the morning.

Comment

Good luck to you and the Mrs

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        Didn't realize Santa could stomach deer �� hunting JK

Best of luck to you folks
        That's pretty good and mean. lol

Comment

Good luck tomorrow

Comment

Well we woke up to wind and rain with this front coming in. She said she wasn’t going out in that this morning. I suggested we lay up on the couch and I’d put on my John Wayne movie collection. She didn’t like that idea at all, but I held my ground! She quickly realized who the boss was! I’m now on my way to San Angelo to take her shopping today

Comment

Originally posted by antlercollector View Post
              well we woke up to wind and rain with this front coming in. She said she wasn’t going out in that this morning. I suggested we lay up on the couch and i’d put on my john wayne movie collection. She didn’t like that idea at all, but i held my ground! She quickly realized who the boss was! I’m now on my way to san angelo to take her shopping today
              ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Comment

Those axis can be very smart. I am surprised you have them coming in to a feeder like that when your in the blind.

The only place I have ever hunted, that had axis, was outside of Boerne. The whitetails were whole hell of a lot easier to hunt. The whitetails were not overly easy to kill, but nothing like the axis. You had a much better chance of killing a whitetail that would go 160, than you would any axis. That place had a lot of axis. As soon as they suspected there were people within 1000 yards, they took off up some very steep hill sides, that were covered with dense cedar and loose rocks. There was no way to get up to them, without them knowing you were coming. We know they would stay up on those steep hill sides looking down at us. They acted like they were part mountain goat.

Seeing them come to a feeder like that, when y'all are in the blind, with the blind being as close as it is to the feeder, is surprising. That looks like a very good opportunity, to shoot a axis. If you spend enough time in that blind, you will get a shot. I would suspect once one of them is shot, the others are going to be leery about coming to a feeder for a while.

That big buck, is likely going to use his smaller buddies as shields. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                  Those axis can be very smart. I am surprised you have them coming in to a feeder like that when your in the blind.

The only place I have ever hunted, that had axis, was outside of Boerne. The whitetails were whole hell of a lot easier to hunt. The whitetails were not overly easy to kill, but nothing like the axis. You had a much better chance of killing a whitetail that would go 160, than you would any axis. That place had a lot of axis. As soon as they suspected there were people within 1000 yards, they took off up some very steep hill sides, that were covered with dense cedar and loose rocks. There was no way to get up to them, without them knowing you were coming. We know they would stay up on those steep hill sides looking down at us. They acted like they were part mountain goat.

Seeing them come to a feeder like that, when y'all are in the blind, with the blind being as close as it is to the feeder, is surprising. That looks like a very good opportunity, to shoot a axis. If you spend enough time in that blind, you will get a shot. I would suspect once one of them is shot, the others are going to be leery about coming to a feeder for a while.

That big buck, is likely going to use his smaller buddies as shields. Good luck.

Yep those suckers are impressively smart! The only time that big buck turned broadsided was when another buck was between us. It was nerve racking. If they smelled us we wouldn’t see them again for 3 days. I decided to let that spot rest and hunt the Axis again maybe Thursday. I’m hoping to get her a couple Whitetails in the meantime.

Comment

Picking her up a coon killer right now. SAVAGE BMAG 17WIN with a bull barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I didnt realize the OP was so, welllll....aged?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

Another night in the axis hotel would have been cheaper...

Comment

We know she is buying the gun, cause well Antler doesn’t look like the type that can pass a background check. [emoji51]

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

My 11yo son bought one this year.........tack driver!!! It is funny about the ammo it likes thought. His likes the CCI Vmax the best

Comment

Originally posted by mayhem View Post
                              we know she is buying the gun, cause well antler doesn’t look like the type that can pass a background check. [emoji51]

sent from my iphone using tapatalk

lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
                                My 11yo son bought one this year.........tack driver!!! It is funny about the ammo it likes thought. His likes the CCI Vmax the best

I bought 100 rounds of the CCI Vmax. I hope it likes it. Headed back to the lease now to zero it in.

Comment

Working...
                                X