No announcement yet.

Hunt at your work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did for 11 years.. I still hunt there, just not my work anymore..

Comment

I’ve seen some good deer off Fairmont heading towards 146 every morning

Comment

Originally posted by Zjesse22 View Post
        I’ve seen some good deer off Fairmont heading towards 146 every morning

Ya I’ve seen some right before that overpass headed towards 146

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There was a business on sens rd just south of Fairmont that had a feeder set up with some real nice bucks coming to it a couple of years ago.

Comment

Y'all hiring?

Comment

At my plant, no. My son worked for a coal mine and he got several good bucks.

Comment

This has me curious, do TDCJ employees get to hunt prison land? They have alot of acreage in some prime Trinity river bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                  There was a business on sens rd just south of Fairmont that had a feeder set up with some real nice bucks coming to it a couple of years ago.

There’s a huge warehouse now where that feeder used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                    This has me curious, do TDCJ employees get to hunt prison land? They have alot of acreage in some prime Trinity river bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                      Small batch plant called Centauri. It’s off underwood and fairmont

I pretty much grew up in those woods. I would invest in a thermocell.

Comment

Our previous plant manager would let a guy bow hunt behind the plant. The new plant manager wouldn't even let me put out a hog trap a few years ago. He does encourage me to trap armadillos when they start tearing up the flower beds though. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                          Our previous plant manager would let a guy bow hunt behind the plant. The new plant manager wouldn't even let me put out a hog trap a few years ago. He does encourage me to trap armadillos when they start tearing up the flower beds though. Lol
                          Need to tell him the deer are eating the shrubs & flowers and we need to thin em out

Comment

I dont work there, i have heard that, NASA has a private contractor come and dispose of deer when they get over populated. They are always getting hit on Red Bluff. They also have a refuge for the Atwater prairie chickens.

Comment

We're allowed to hunt our work property. It's around 1200 acres divided up into 6 areas with feeders and blinds. It is MLD and we do a random drawing and get a week at a time. I'll get to hunt it about 4 weeks this year. This year we are really focusing on management and have made shoot and don't shoot lists. If people will follow the program, we should have some pretty decent deer in a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan11 View Post
                                We're allowed to hunt our work property. It's around 1200 acres divided up into 6 areas with feeders and blinds. It is MLD and we do a random drawing and get a week at a time. I'll get to hunt it about 4 weeks this year. This year we are really focusing on management and have made shoot and don't shoot lists. If people will follow the program, we should have some pretty decent deer in a couple of years.
                                Is this at Oak Grove? Yall really should do a "shoot 2 does, then get a buck tag" type deal!!
                                I just wished they would include the maintenance contractor people!!

Comment

Working...
                                X