Savage 110 Elite Precision in 6.5 Creedmoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage 110 Elite Precision in 6.5 Creedmoor

Looking at starting to shoot local matches, so I decided to replace my fclass rifle (a Savage 12 FTR) with a PRS specific rifle.

I had great luck with Savage and was really comfortable with the triggers, so I settled on the Elite Precision. Also made the switch from .308 to 6.5.

Before moving the other rifle to the classifieds, I wanted to make sure that the new rifle would perform as well.

I got it setup and out to the range for the 1st time this week.

Shooting IMR4350 pushing 140gn ELD match, I ran the 1st 50 rounds thru it shooting 3 shot groups across weights and jumps to be able to break in the rifle and get a basis for where I should focus my load development.

The rifle performed great. Most groups were in the 1/2 - 3/4 MOA range with a couple good nodes at 40.2 gn and 41.7 gn.

40.2 gn , 2 groups both in the 0.2 to 0.3 range. (slightly different jumps)

41.7 gn one group in the 0.4 range (may have been better but I had some horizontal spread)

Plan to stretch it out to 1k next trip out, but it is looking promising. Anyone else shooting this setup? Any loading tips for a hotter bullet/powder combo that may make it to 1 mile?
    Last edited by howabouttheiris; 07-07-2020, 02:04 PM.

Good shooting bang stick!

Comment

Got out to the mid distance range at RPR, and able to finally shoot some distance with the new rifle.

Photo of the range and a video of a 1k shot.

photo:

video:

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by howabouttheiris; 07-17-2020, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Update?

I just ordered one, had a scope that needed a rifle. We have a place called "Bang Steel" http://www.bangsteel.com has targets out one mile.

I did a class out to 1200, wanted something to push to the next distances without breaking the bank.

Comment

You might want to load some 6.5 Staball powder. Not saying it will be more accurate but it will have a bit more velocity. Also try going up a few grains in bullet weights. 143 gr and 147 gr.

Comment

I am still happy with it.

I use it for the steel matches that I shoot and it shoots well.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X