No announcement yet.

Build me a mountain gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a certain sling that they prefer that works best with carrying a gun all day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chunkinlead View Post
      Does anyone have a certain sling that they prefer that works best with carrying a gun all day?

Blue force fear padded vickers sling is a good one.

Comment

I like the paint job. Looks great. Hoping it shoots great. With the plastic stock, be very careful of using bipods as the forend will flex and you could have stock contact. When you shoot off bags, be mindful of bag location, closer to the action is better with slight and consistent downward pressure on the scope.

Comment

Here is where I am at so far.
          Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14
          Talley rings
          TriggerTech Primary
          DIY rattle can paint job

I have the stuff to glass bed it myself I’m just not confident enough to do it myself yet. Has anyone glass bedded a plastic stock like this before?

Looks good, I wouldn’t bed it right now. Since you free floated it take it and put some rounds through it. That plastic stock is still going to flex towards the end plus bedding compound will adhere better to a fiberglass stock. Make sure when you shoot you have the rest under the recoil lug so no pressure is on the fore end. See how it shoots. If it shoots good then consider going to a fiberglass stock such as B&C or HS. Then bed it. Sending you a PM BTW.

Comment

Everyone's in here talking about stocks, just remember to buy a BDL bottom metal before changing stocks, otherwise stick with your ADL stock.

Comment

Buy the best glass you can afford and shoot it/play with a few different types of ammo.
              There is a chance it may be just perfect for you the way it is.

Comment

Boonie Packer Safari Sling.
                The very best for carrying a gun on spot and stalk.
                I will never go back to another style.

Comment

The Claw sling if your going to use it to tote the rifle

Comment

Working...
                  X