Good crossbow scope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good crossbow scope?

I bought the Center Point Sniper 370 package a while back and just got it out to sight it in today. Before I bought it, I took heed of reviews stating that the bolts it came with were trash so I bought some better ones; however, I didn't upgrade the scope which reviews also said was trash. They were right. I adjusted it to the point where the elevation nob is so far out that it inadvertently gets adjusted by putting the cap on, and the windage nob can't turn any more left. After all that, I'm still off about 1/2" at 10 yards. All that to say this - what's a good upgrade? I've been reading reviews on amazon about Barnett, Nikon, and Hawke scopes. I definitely want one that does not require a battery to work, but I like the idea of having that added illumination to click on if I want to. Which one do you use and/or recommend? Thanks.

The scopes that Excalibur uses are pretty nice. That's what I have and have been very happy.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jmw View Post
        I bought the Center Point Sniper 370 package a while back and just got it out to sight it in today. Before I bought it, I took heed of reviews stating that the bolts it came with were trash so I bought some better ones; however, I didn't upgrade the scope which reviews also said was trash. They were right. I adjusted it to the point where the elevation nob is so far out that it inadvertently gets adjusted by putting the cap on, and the windage nob can't turn any more left. After all that, I'm still off about 1/2" at 10 yards. All that to say this - what's a good upgrade? I've been reading reviews on amazon about Barnett, Nikon, and Hawke scopes. I definitely want one that does not require a battery to work, but I like the idea of having that added illumination to click on if I want to. Which one do you use and/or recommend? Thanks.
        Hate to hear that. We have had two and zero issues. Bith sighted in easily with factory scope and zero perfect.

Comment

I have one that’s on my Ten Point that I would sell. It’s a good scope but when I bought the xbow, they sent me a voucher for an upgrade. I have the new one but have never mounted it, so the one I would sell is still on my xbow. If you’re interested at $100 I’ll get you some pics and specs.

Comment

I just put a Redfield crossbow scope on my Mission Sub One there is a guy on EBay selling them for $60 they have been discontinued but for $60 I will chance it very clear and much better in low light than the Hawke it came with the Hawke their top of the line cost me ten minutes of legal shooting light every morning and evening if you can swing it the Sig BDX is awesome I just don’t shoot further than about 30 yards can’t see more than 30 yards most of my stands

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
              I just put a Redfield crossbow scope on my Mission Sub One there is a guy on EBay selling them for $60 they have been discontinued but for $60 I will chance it very clear and much better in low light than the Hawke it came with the Hawke their top of the line cost me ten minutes of legal shooting light every morning and evening if you can swing it the Sig BDX is awesome I just don’t shoot further than about 30 yards can’t see more than 30 yards most of my stands

Thanks. I’ll check those out too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I also use Redfield crossbow scope, they are quite good.

Comment

I use the Nikon crossbow scope and have been very happy with it. Maybe eBay?

Comment

I HIGHLY recommend the HHA sight wheel/tape for a crossbow. I put a Zeiss rifle scope on mine and I can dial out to 110 yds if I wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
                      I HIGHLY recommend the HHA sight wheel/tape for a crossbow. I put a Zeiss rifle scope on mine and I can dial out to 110 yds if I wanted.

That’s reaching out there! I ended up going with a ten point. It’s all zeroed in so now all I have to do is take it to the field.

Comment

I have a Barnett Terrain XT and I love the scope on it. Hopefully I won’t have to go down that road.

Comment

Congrats on the new Xbow.

Comment

Sometimes I simply wonder how long would it take for manufacturers to produce thermal vision scopes ( like these: https://www.agmglobalvision.com/ther...-weapon-sights ), to be universal with crossbows, so hunters will be able to buy one scope for both of them. It would make everything much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxx85 View Post
                              Sometimes I simply wonder how long would it take for manufacturers to produce thermal vision scopes ( like these: https://www.agmglobalvision.com/ther...-weapon-sights ), to be universal with crossbows, so hunters will be able to buy one scope for both of them. It would make everything much easier.

Sounds like a million dollar idea there.

Comment

Working...
                              X