Fish finder on kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fish finder on kayak

I started out with a 4” Garmin and upgraded just a couple of months ago to a Garmin EchoMap UHD 73sv. That’s a 7” and the difference it makes not really explainable unless you are on the water and can see the difference. I take my yak out on big lakes. Finding structure, fish, humps, depth contour maps, it just makes life easier in a boat that can’t cover a lot of ground quickly. I may end up going to a 9” at some point

Last edited by Sleepy; 08-01-2020, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Man this is inspiring me to get one. Curious about mounting options for the transducer. I have a nucanoe frontier 12. Would mounting it on the side be the best route? I'm kind nervous about knocking any holes in the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
        Man this is inspiring me to get one. Curious about mounting options for the transducer. I have a nucanoe frontier 12. Would mounting it on the side be the best route? I'm kind nervous about knocking any holes in the thing.

My wilderness systems has a pod that houses my battery and I mounted the transducer underneath it. It is just slightly below the hull for side scan. But I have used a transducer arm as well that hangs over the side and it works great for a kayak that doesn’t have under hull options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X