Smoke house plans ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke house plans ?

Anyone have pictures of their DIY smoke house or plans ? Looking to build one this year and don’t know where to start. Wool, r panel, cinder blocks or combination of some.

I’ll send you some pics of my dads next time I’m over there. It’s one of those little portable buildings. Works pretty good.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
      I’ll send you some pics of my dads next time I’m over there. It’s one of those little portable buildings. Works pretty good.

Sierracharlie out…
      Sounds good

Comment

I just framed one up with 2x4's, probably 3'x3'x7'. Covered it with R-panel, put hardware cloth on the bottom to keep anything from hitting the ground if it falls. Going to cut a 55 gallon drum in half to build my fire in and run duct from it to the underneath of the structure to funnel my smoke into it. I think I got the idea off here some years ago.

Comment

Built this one last spring.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
            Built this one last spring.
            Nice and simple

Comment

I built a 4x4x8 with tin walls and a dirt floor 3 years ago just to see if I could make my own sausage. Use a propane burner and a bucket with coals and wood chunks. I've far outgrown it and have probably smoked a 2-3 thousand lbs of sausage, bacon and snack sticks in it. I'm about to get started building my new one soon. 10x8, fully insulated with PID temp control. I may do a build along on here.

Comment

Not answering the OP's question. But it's related.

One of my favorite videos of an oldtimer explaining how it's done:

v=S6UkXhHUTfM[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6UkXhHUTfM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6UkXhHUTfM[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by ptaylortx View Post
                  I built a 4x4x8 with tin walls and a dirt floor 3 years ago just to see if I could make my own sausage. Use a propane burner and a bucket with coals and wood chunks. I've far outgrown it and have probably smoked a 2-3 thousand lbs of sausage, bacon and snack sticks in it. I'm about to get started building my new one soon. 10x8, fully insulated with PID temp control. I may do a build along on here.
                  Awesome. You have any pictures?

Comment

Built this one a few years ago. Smoked a lot of sausage and bacon in it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Following, always wanted to try one of these.

Comment

"Smart" has a thread on here somewhere.

Comment

I need someone to kick me in the ace and make me do this

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X