$200 Tax Per Gun - Biden says.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    Iron - California I have no idea - New Orleans was because all the idiots started slinging lead at everyone. Fire, EMS, LE, and Cajun Navy all we’re getting shot at. Firearms were not taken away in New Orleans - Returned to owner
    They didn't give most of those guns back.
    I watched a lot of live interviews back then, of people who never got their guns back.
    When they took most of them, they didn't take your name, give you any paper to hold onto, nothing.
    I watched many people talk about how the LE had no way to know who's gun was who's.....

Comment

When I lived in California I was selling a 42" wide mule deer mount. It was a very old rack that I had put on a new mount, high value item. Fish and game came to my house ( yes, I checked their badges) and confiscated it and wrote me a ticket for selling "animal parts". I laughed and said that they were not upholding the law correctly and that I would see them in court and get my head back. Guess what....they never turned in the ticket and the head disappeared and nobody had any record of it. I spent over a year calling and stopping at the courts to get an answer. Point is...there are crooked people in every work place. I could tell you many stories of crooked cops, I was in LE for a bit and worked with ex cops that were thieves. Trust no one, unless they are a born again believer...they are a liar.
      ( Just for the record I endorse law enforcement 100% but they are humans so protect yourself and your rights before bowing to anyone)
      Last edited by RattlesnakeDan; 11-26-2020, 05:07 AM.

Comment

MadHat- I know someone down there that was on both sides. On LE. He said they gave folks a plastic band with case # to get gun. Guy I know that I just hunt with said he gave them 4 shotguns and several other long guns. Walked in a month later and handed them his driver license. He said they had sprayed them with oil and wrapped them in blankets. I’m not saying all were done correctly but I’m guessing the majority were. Doesn’t make it right for the ones that got screwed

Comment

Bottom line Glen is they are still squirrels and still take your weapons. And yes RD I was in LE for a while as well. Over 95% of these folks were stand up folks; however, they are people. And all people are flawed, not to the same extent though. And that was bastiges that confiscated your deer and never returned it.

Comment

Hog. No argument from me. It is about 95% good folks. Those 5% bushy tails make it hard on the rest. Wish there was an easy way to get rid of the 5% but once they are there it hard to remove.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              MadHat- I know someone down there that was on both sides. On LE. He said they gave folks a plastic band with case # to get gun. Guy I know that I just hunt with said he gave them 4 shotguns and several other long guns. Walked in a month later and handed them his driver license. He said they had sprayed them with oil and wrapped them in blankets. I’m not saying all were done correctly but I’m guessing the majority were. Doesn’t make it right for the ones that got screwed
              Lol! Ok Glen, now your bias is really showing. There is WAY TOO MANY articles about New Orleans and the amount of guns never to be seen again by the rightful owners. People lost their homes and most all possessions and had no way of proving ownership. Others were just flat refused.

The well oiled and pampered story was just too much for me to ignore.

Comment

It won’t be an overnight deal. They will float Biden’s plan which is completely ridiculous ($200 tax on all magazines, register them with the NFA, no online gun parts or ammo sales, etc), then “compromise” with a Clinton style AWB. Most gun owners won’t do anything since “they already got their stuff, you should have too.”

The left has already been attacking the police and sheriffs, it will continue with fewer protections for them, pushing many of the better ones to retire/quit. Then the government comes in and hires a bunch of millenials with a nice signing bonus to do their bidding.

Now comes the mandatory “buy backs”, confiscation. They will start small, a few police will get killed in standoffs, media will paint the gun owners as “domestic terrorists.” People will panic and start reporting the neighbors they suspect might have “illegal weapons of war.”

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                  It won’t be an overnight deal. They will float Biden’s plan which is completely ridiculous ($200 tax on all magazines, register them with the NFA, no online gun parts or ammo sales, etc), then “compromise” with a Clinton style AWB. Most gun owners won’t do anything since “they already got their stuff, you should have too.”

The left has already been attacking the police and sheriffs, it will continue with fewer protections for them, pushing many of the better ones to retire/quit. Then the government comes in and hires a bunch of millenials with a nice signing bonus to do their bidding.

Now comes the mandatory “buy backs”, confiscation. They will start small, a few police will get killed in standoffs, media will paint the gun owners as “domestic terrorists.” People will panic and start reporting the neighbors they suspect might have “illegal weapons of war.”
                  Not an impossibility, that’s for sure.

Comment

On the other thread its a 100% certainty Trump remains in office. On this one we have a tax or repo effort. A wise man told me “Only fools or rookies predict the cotton market” Im ready for 2020 to be in my rearview mirror

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                      On the other thread its a 100% certainty Trump remains in office. On this one we have a tax or repo effort. A wise man told me “Only fools or rookies predict the cotton market” Im ready for 2020 to be in my rearview mirror
                      Hence why you play the futures market.

Comment

Iron. New Orleans has some LE in certain Districts that have a long history of not so ethical behavior. Other areas of New Orleans are different. Do some research on New Orleans and you will see a majority of the problems come from a small area of the City and PD. Like I said above folks were treated poorly but I bet it is more isolated than you think. I would bet for every 1 that’s gets reported negative there were 100sof positive encounters.

Comment

Glen. I have always known about NOPD corruption. You can look up the Katrina gun confiscation. That’s what this is about. There are even documentaries about the confiscations. Not pretty.

Comment

Yea I have. They had to do it across the board. I have a feeling some areas probably had guns stolen from residents. Other areas were probably handled properly. Unfortunate it happened at all but when EMS - Fire- and volunteers start taking gunfire something gotta give.

Comment

Working...
                            X