My quick and easy tree camera arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My quick and easy tree camera arm

I have made several of these over the last couple of years, some have been hanging the same tree from day one and still work well. They work great for a light to mid weight camcorder. I left one in a tree this weekend so grabbed stuff to make another today and thought I would post a quick diy. Takes about 5 minutes max and parts are easily obtained.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Supplies.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	24990757
    HME super hanger, 10$, Cabelas and Academy sometime have 3 packs cheaper. Targus cheapo tripod, 14$, Walmart.

Name:	Fastener.jpg
Size:	281.3 KB
ID:	24990759
    M6-1"x20 screw and some red loctite, 1$, Lowes.

Name:	Arm.jpg
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	24990763
    Simply remove the head from the tripod which is held in place with an allen screw from the bottom, dab a little loctite on your new screw and screw it to the end of the arm. The HME arm comes with a short arm that extends to the tree for stabilization, I bend the tab on the end of it where it just touches the tip of screw in tip. It then covers the tip so it doesn't poke my pack or myself and it is handy for leverage when screwing it into the tree.
    You even have a left over screw in hook and the bow holder pivot you can use for something else!

Name:	folded arm.jpg
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	24990781
    Compact and light when folded.

Happy hunting!

That's pretty neat. I like the idea. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Pretty sweet. Ive got to make some that will attach to my tripods.

Comment

I've got an arm made up just haven't figured out a mount to be able to hang it yet.

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Working...
          X