No announcement yet.

The vehicle you learned to drive in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started with a 79 bass boat when I was 10, then when I could see over the dash it was a 84 Ford Ranger 5 speed...

And I drove it till it had 250,000 miles

Comment

1987 Bronco II XLT 4x4, Victorian white base with a broad deep metallic gray band and two small red pinstripes seperating the two between the white and gray. Silver step sides and Dayton tires just a bit larger than factory. Maroon interior. Loved that rig. Sometimes I wish I still had it. My next truck was a full sized Bronco, which I finally traded. After looking up the VIN I found out that it was registered two more times in Mexico. I like to think of it as being on an adventure south of the border.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
        I learned in an ugly 1959 baby blue Ford Falcon my stepfather owned; straight 6, 3 on the column. Got the license and a job, then my folks got me a '55 Olds.
        Old big body muscle car. Buddy had one, as long as you fed the fuel, it would fly. Not as fast as a 58 Ford intercepter.

I learned in a 1960 chevolet station wagon, (after Dad got rid of the 49 chevolet and 51 studebaker).

Then it was time for tractors, spent a lot of hours on a Allis Chambers model b, plowing. You Know you can put your foot on the lift bar and muscle the plow up?

Comment

1974 Caprice Classic, Ermain White.

Like this except mine was white and a 4 door.

Todd

Comment

1967 Plymouth valiant straight 6 with the standatd shift on the column. I miss that ol' car.

Comment

84 S10 with vinyl seats, metal buckles, and no A/C!!

Comment

1992 white 4 door honda accord

Comment

I learned to drive a tractor first, probably. Then various farm pickups and grain trucks. When I got my driver's license at 15, I got the oldest farm pickup for "my own". It was a '73 GMC (green and white) that had been my grandad's and then gone through a couple of hired hands. It had about 300K miles on it by the time I got it in 1981, but none were harder than the miles I put on it chasing jackrabbits across the pasture.

Comment

I wish I could remember for sure, I think it was my dads '74 Buick Regal. Positive traction, 4 barrel carb, 350 v8. What I do rember is it was fast as a scalded cat!

Comment

1965 Chevy Impala

Comment

Started with a tractor like some of you but first vehicle was a 1960 scout with the small pickup bed. Wish i had that ride!!

Comment

First tractor I ever drove was an 806 Farmall pulling a module builder. Dad wouldnt let me drive it down the road so I learned how to drive his F350 and follow him down the road from field to field.

Comment

55 M38A1 w/283&T350. Still have it, always will! Thanks Pop!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Danny on Wheel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	24015278

Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP01193.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	24015279

Comment

1931 Ford Model A dump truck. It had no seat had to sit on a 5 gallon bucket

Comment

Originally posted by M-2 View Post
                                1965 VW Beetle (standard shift, of course)
                                I started in a '71 Beetle....bright yellow in color - pretty sure it was the original paint.....

Got it up to 88mph on I-45 once.....good times......

Comment

Working...
                                X