Nightforce Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nightforce Problem

Bought a Nightforce NX8 and bottomed out on the adjustment I am still 7-8 inches high at 100. The action has a pinned 20 MOA rail so switching the rail will be difficult. I am going to be putting it on another scope on it and I’m looking at the V6 Conquest from Zeiss. My big concern is will I end up in the same boat of not having enough downward adjustment. Anyone else run into this?

Can you take a picture of the scope/rings/rail and post it? If anything, you should be low when mounted on a 20moa rail. Nightforce warranty will take care of you if the scope is at fault.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not familiar with that scope but are you hitting a zero stop?

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
          Not familiar with that scope but are you hitting a zero stop?

No the zero stop was backed all the way off

Comment

Is your turret moving the reticle at all? It may have been stripped somehow. Those vertical split rings will cause zero shift but regardless, the scope should zero.

Comment

Yes it moves it just fine and tracks very well. I’m just bottomed out and 7 inches high

Comment

Get it optically centered using a mirror and check to see if you have the stated elevation travel. I had the same issue w a leupy and turned out I was short almost 14 moa of elevation. Sent it in and got it all fixed up.

Comment

Never had a problem with my NXS’s or Atacr’s but I’m tuned in to see what the issue is. As Mr. Graves stated, I’m confident that Nightforce will take care of it if it’s a scope issue.

Comment

If everything is in good condition and you wanted to keep the scope i would think you could mount the glass in a 20MOA mount and reverse it to counter the 20MOA base.

Comment

NF customer service is outstanding. I was in a training class and lost a cap screw. Called and told them the situation. Had them at the class the next day. One of the many reasons I buy NF.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                        Can you take a picture of the scope/rings/rail and post it? If anything, you should be low when mounted on a 20moa rail. Nightforce warranty will take care of you if the scope is at fault.
                        You got that backwards.
                        If you optically center the scope and put it on a 20moa rail, your POI should be 20moa high. (this is theory as far as optical line of sight and barrel line of sight)

Comment

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post
                          No the zero stop was backed all the way off

You sure the zero stop isn't all the way the wrong way?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                            Is your turret moving the reticle at all? It may have been stripped somehow. Those vertical split rings will cause zero shift but regardless, the scope should zero.
                            Never seen or heard of Warne split rings not holding zero.

Comment

Update. Contacted NF and they are convinced there is something wrong with the clutch system in the elevation turret. Sending it in today and they’re going to get it taken care of.

Comment

Working...
                              X