Advice on a lab breeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on a lab breeder

I am looking for a black or yellow lab breeder that breeds for health, and then temperament. I am looking for a smaller framed British lab. Blood trailing, and retrieving. I prefer a dog that is not wound tight for field trials. Hunting parents is a must. Do yall have any recommendations on breeders? Thanks

Pay attention to the pedigree. Even if you have no interest in running UKC and AKC tests - if past dogs frequently achieved titles they are proven to be trainable to some of the most versatile levels. (Doesn’t mean that untitled dogs aren’t that trainable so relax keyboard killers)

Comment

Originally posted by jhunter77 View Post
      I am looking for a black or yellow lab breeder that breeds for health, and then temperament. I am looking for a smaller framed British lab. Blood trailing, and retrieving. I prefer a dog that is not wound tight for field trials. Hunting parents is a must. Do yall have any recommendations on breeders? Thanks
      I know a few good breeders but most breed the American style labs that run smaller and more athletic. The british labs are normally the stockier big headed labs.

Comment

I am ultimately going for the on off switch that english/British dogs have. I care less about looks but prefer a smaller dog because it's easier on their joints and traveling with them

Comment

I am ultimately going for the on off switch that english/British dogs have. I care less about looks but prefer a smaller dog because it's easier on their joints and traveling with them
          I have an American female that has a pretty good off switch. A lot of good breeders know that most people don't want those high strung dogs and are breeding dogs to try to keep them with the high drive but also have an off switch and make a good pet.

I got my dog from Jason Hall who owns Muddy Oak retrievers. Here

Also would recommend LL Gun Dogs here

or Best retrievers here

Whoever you talk to just be sure to tell them what you are looking for. All 3 of the ones I recommended also train dogs so they know that's what people want

Comment

Justin and Amber at LL Gun Dogs would be a good starting point. These people are extremely devoted to their dogs and hunting. I bought a GSP from them and have been extremely happy with my dog. Next lab I get will be coming from their kennel. Good folks!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Breeders of chocolate, yellow, and black Labrador Retrievers. Breeding English Labradors for over 30 years. Our labs do conformantion, agility, obedience, field work, and nosework.

Great pedigree and bloodline. My chocolate from them was the best dog I’ve ever had

Comment

I’m on my second lab from Waterbound Labradors. Amazing dogs/breeder. He no longer has a website, but you can find Roy on FB.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Hopefully that link works.

J

Comment

my friend just did a repeat breeding with his American female to a CHMH English male. Both parents hunt and have all health testing done. The last litter of pups are 6 months old and have a great on off switch even at such an early age. all 4 pups have been in duck blind or dove field already around guns and water and have even made some assisted retrieves. they all just started gun dog training this month.

Text/Call him at 832-465-5943

Comment

Range creek Labradors. But there are many good breeders. Look for the Dickendall bloodlines and expect to pay between $1500 and $2500 for a good well breed English lab. Might seem like a lot but believe me it will be worth every single penny. Our "Ranger" has brought my family so much joy and happiness I would pay 10x more.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I would also look into LLGunDogs, I purchased a Started BLF from them, they are very knowledgeable and devoted to the dogs. To this day, they have an open line for questions.

Comment

V bar ranch kennels
                          Where our British lab came from
                          Last edited by Karen04; 11-19-2019, 05:36 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Botar Labs out of Oklahoma is where we got our Jinx. They breed show dogs and service dogs but Jinx has turned out to be a great hunter. We got a smokin deal on him because the breeder deemed him to not be “show” quality.

Comment

www.uklabs.com (Wildrose Kennels)

Best of the best or Orvis wouldn't recommend them.

Best Lab I ever owned came from them.

Comment

Working...
                              X