Job Opportunity at Alamo Precision Rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job Opportunity at Alamo Precision Rifles

If anyone knows of someone looking for a job in the DFW area, please pass this along.

Part of our recent move was to make room for some new machines, and that is starting to happen now. We're excited for the increased capacity this will bring, but really need to be training some new folks to take their places in the APR family so that we can handle the workload that's coming from that new capacity.

This would be an entry level position to start, with the goal being advancement through training and experience over time. I'm really looking for someone that has a passion for precision firearms, and wants to learn the trade and skill set needed to succeed in this business. This position would be ideal for someone just starting down their career path in the gun industry. Job description listed below.

Gunsmith assistant
    Alamo Precision Rifles is hiring for a full-time Gunsmith assistant. This position will involve bedding prep, bedding, basic machining of components after bedding, cerakote prep, final assembly of completed builds, and general tasks related to custom rifle manufacturing. We are looking for a motivated individual who is detail oriented and passionate about making our rifles the best money can buy.
    Education in gunsmithing is a positive, but not a requirement, we will train you in our methods.
    This position will work directly with the gunsmith in charge of our bedding and to a lesser extent with our cerakote department. You will report to the Head Gunsmith/Shop Foreman.
    Starting pay rate will be established based on experience.

REQUIREMENTS:
    At least 18 years of age
    Legal US citizen or resident
    MUST BE ABLE TO LEGALLY PURCHASE/POSESS FIREARMS-
    ANY FELONY CONVICTION OR PENDING CHARGES DISQUALIFY YOU FROM THIS JOB!
    Familiar with basic gunsmithing (assembly disassembly)
    Familiar with manual mill operation
    Able to work from 8am to 6pm Tuesday through Friday, occasional overtime
    Able to work as part of a cohesive team
    Prefer local to DFW area. No relocation assistance will be provided.

Send resume to: support@aprifles.com

Thanks,
    Robert
    Last edited by Stick1; 03-09-2021, 09:18 PM.

Sounds like a great opportunity for a young man.

Comment

I may have missed it but where are you located? DFW is a big area.

Comment

If only I were young again and not trying to stay here and work out these last years to retirement.

Comment

Man my oldest would be a prime candidate for this but I’m not sure he wants to move.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            Man my oldest would be a prime candidate for this but I’m not sure he wants to move.
            I wish he did. We'd love to have him!

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
              I may have missed it but where are you located? DFW is a big area.
              North Richland Hills

Comment

What a cool opportunity for a young person interested in learning and becoming part of your team. Will keep my ear to the ground, good luck with this.

Comment

Can I do it virtually and I’ll do it for free???? Asking..... well, for me!

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Man I'd be all over this if I was in the area. I have manual and cnc lathe and mill experience.

Comment

Sending it to my daughter and her boyfriend. If I was younger I would be sending my app. in for the job.

Comment

Did this job ever get filled?

Comment

Working...
                        X