Protein feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protein feeder

I am probably going to buy this protein feeder next week but have one concern with it. Do you think this design of the feeder tubes will waste alot of protein. I know the individual tube design flatten out parallel to the ground on most feeders which would eliminate waste but not sure if this would waste too much
    Attached Files

i would like you would be ok. they will eat it off the ground anyways if some does fall

Comment

Yeah kind of what I was thinking. Going this route since it is alsomt $100 cheaper than the individual tube design.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper33 View Post
        i would like you would be ok. they will eat it off the ground anyways if some does fall
        They won't eat much off the ground unless it's immediate. Once protein gets added mositure in it you can count on the deer sticking their noses up.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper33 View Post
          not in my experiences they won't - if it falls to the ground it becomes coon food

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
            not in my experiences they won't - if it falls to the ground it becomes coon food
            Agreed.
            Can't really see how much of a lip is on the feed opening but if it was a big concern you can always tack in a piece of rebar or small diameter pipe.

Comment

Don't think so.

What is the capacity and price if you don't mind my asking?

Comment

Contact you local HS AgMech class or welding program and have them make you a feeder. Most will only for metal cost and supplies.
                Last edited by Blue Tick; 12-16-2011, 01:01 PM.

Comment

I had bad luck with that design. Coons would empty it. I prefer the extended tubes.

Comment

You will get a lot of waste with this feeder.
                    I like the Boss Buck feeder.

Comment

My deer ate it like crazy off the ground this past year. I slung it with corn and it always was cleaned up along with the corn.

Comment

You might have some waste, but I think most of it will be with coons.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbucklarry1 View Post
                          You will get a lot of waste with this feeder.
                          I like the Boss Buck feeder.
                          This is one
                          Attached Files

Comment

@ Vortexan - Its a 1000LBS for $589.

Dont have to worry about it now. My brother in San Antonio was on his way to buy it and saw a place with the same one but with the extended tubes. Place said they were having trouble with people stealing them and wanted it gone. Sold it to him for $500

Comment

Don't worry my fawns grab every bit that falls and I want plenty to fall so they can get their fare share. Momma will drop some out and those fawns will be right under her getting every pellet. You have nothing to worry about. Now if the coons can get on the tubes then that is different and you will need to kill some of them.

The Boss Buck posted above is what I have and very seldom can a coon get on it if it is at 40" to the tubes. The deer can get it but no hogs or coons do. It has held up perfectly for 5 years now. Very light to move and fits in a pickup bed.
                              Last edited by ranchdog; 12-16-2011, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X