Got the deer lease gut punch today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayr View Post
    Sounds like the guy was pretty wishy washy himself. Sounds like he could’ve just relaxed the guest policy and found someone to come with him each time. I seriously doubt the other member wouldn’t have minded given the situation.

Overall a pretty ****ty situation IMO

Great point...

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
      I saw a few responses to this post. Just to clarify so we are on the same page. This was not to justify the guys actions, more so to show the guy has a history of mooching or not being able to be alone...self supportive, or whatever you want to call it. It is pretty chicken**** what he did.
      You are correct. He let the OP slide for years on their agreement. Now he can't do it anymore because of the cancer.

I fired an employee once for being late all the time. Their argument was pretty much the same.... But I've been late all the time for a year, why fire me now? Because I'm tired of it, that's why.

Y'all can spin it any way you want, just trying to look at both sides. If the lease manager started a thread saying he allowed someone on his lease with the agreement for XYZ and that member won't/can't do what he agreed to there would be 10 pages of people telling him to kick him off the lease.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
        You are correct. He let the OP slide for years on their agreement. Now he can't do it anymore because of the cancer.

I fired an employee once for being late all the time. Their argument was pretty much the same.... But I've been late all the time for a year, why fire me now? Because I'm tired of it, that's why.

Y'all can spin it any way you want, just trying to look at both sides. If the lease manager started a thread saying he allowed someone on his lease with the agreement for XYZ and that member won't/can't do what he agreed to there would be 10 pages of people telling him to kick him off the lease.
        To counter that argument, why has he not kicked off the lease members that have not fulfilled doing lease work, keeping feeders filled, and picking up trash. He is choosing what agreements he wants to enforce on whichever members he chooses...well because he can. Still is a piece of crap because his reasoning is petty and selfish. Not really related to the betterment of the lease.
        (to play devils advocate to your employer/employee example)That is why their is discrimination laws so employers have to fairly and equally treat their employees which this guy in that context isn't doing
        Last edited by Beargrasstx; 04-28-2021, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
          To counter that argument, why has he not kicked off the lease members that have not fulfilled doing lease work, keeping feeders filled, and picking up trash. He is choosing what agreements he wants to enforce on whichever members he chooses...well because he can. Still is a piece of crap because his reasoning is petty and selfish. Not really related to the betterment of the lease.
          That is why their is discrimination laws so employers have to fairly and equally treat their employees to play devils advocate to your example

I don’t disagree with you. As I stated before I think there’s fault on both sides. I do think it’s sad that people make fun of his terminal illness though.

Comment

What a selfish pr!ck.

Comment

Y
              You are partly to blame in his actions too. You should have spoke up way sooner & reprimanded him or whatever. You and this POS lease boss might fit together with your reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                You are partly to blame in his actions too. You should have spoke up way sooner & reprimanded him or whatever.

I did

Comment

Y’all ready to burn the guy at the stake and I can see his side.

He let the OP on it with the agreement that he would go with him during the week.

The OP can’t hold his end of the deal up for whatever reason and the manager has let him slide for a long time.

The manager can’t go on weekends because he’s too sick after chemo and he can’t go alone during the week because he’s too sick. (OP’s own words).

If I were the OP I would have offered to get off the lease and let him find someone that could honor their deal before he had to boot me.

There’s a bad friend in this thread but it’s not the manager from what I’m reading.

Theres a liberal in every group....slivering around

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
                    Theres a liberal in every group....slivering around
                    That's about the funniest thing I've read all year. Seriously!!!!

Comment

That's about the funniest thing I've read all year. Seriously!!!!

I lol’d too. I love that you’re immediately a liberal for seeing a different side of something...

Comment

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
                        I lol’d too. I love that you’re immediately a liberal for seeing a different side of something...
                        Yes sir

Everybody knows there's always more to a story than what you'll get with only 1 side telling it. Just throwing out there that the OP could have been partially to blame too. If that makes me a liberal I guess I'll vote for Hillary next go-round.

Comment

I just thought I had heard of it all until I read this thread

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                            There are 6 hunters on the place. Two live in Mason and 2 live in Bertram. I used to live a mile from him until my divorce.
                            There’s yalls answer as to why the other hunters got to stay.

Comment

Working...
                            X